• Welcome to The Community

Do you prefer music or silence while working/studying?

Duks

Member
I usually have something playing on my headphones while working. In the past, it used to be music, podcasts or clips on YouTube. Nowadays, however, I like to listen to the sound of rain while working. I know it's a bit weird but it keeps me deeply focused. What do you normally listen to, if anything, while working?

PGen98

Member
I prefer music when working, but if I find myself getting a bit too distracted by the music, I'll shut it off. I tend to start with music I listen to frequently, but shift towards classical music if it's a particularly intense project or something that needs extra focus.

apathy

how'd i get to be so good?
Member
Yeah music gets me through the day big time. I probably could do without it later on in the day, but in the mornings I actually can't function without a couple tunes

luri

Member
When I was in the teens or early adulthood, I prefered to work with the music playing in the background. I even played music while studying. However, as I am growing older, I prefer scilence. In a young age, music helped me stay focused, and now music is a great distraction.

sliara

Member
I prefer silence when working, I don't want any distractions. When what I do doesn't require any focus then that's the time that I listen to music.

nangk08

Member
I used to listen to music while working and studying early on, but now as time has passed on, I prefer silence while doing anything that requires concentration.

sprite1950

Member
It depends on what I'm doing, If it's something I really need to concentrate on I prefer to be in silence but if not I am quite happy to have the tv on in the background.

When I was in the teens or early adulthood, I prefered to work with the music playing in the background. I even played music while studying. However, as I am growing older, I prefer scilence. In a young age, music helped me stay focused, and now music is a great distraction.
Even me today I am just working in silence. My daughter is off to school and her nanny is also leaving in a while. I may listen to music but later. It doesn't play so well when my laptop is charging. I will be working most of the day.

luri

Member
Even me today I am just working in silence. My daughter is off to school and her nanny is also leaving in a while. I may listen to music but later. It doesn't play so well when my laptop is charging. I will be working most of the day.
As I am growing older, I am becoming less tolerant to noise. When I was young I liked crowd, I liked to make noise, I was a party goer; however, as age has taking control over me, I like silence. There was a time when I liked going to movie with a bunch of friends, however, these days I enjoy movie, alone, at home.

Top