What's new

Welcome To Chatbanter

Chatbanter is a general discussion site giving you many options for discussion and a little fun, enjoy colored usernames, special userbars and an open fun community so let's chat about what matters to you right now.

Do you prefer music or silence while working/studying?

D

Duks

Valued Member
Dec 12, 2020
CB$
I usually have something playing on my headphones while working. In the past, it used to be music, podcasts or clips on YouTube. Nowadays, however, I like to listen to the sound of rain while working. I know it's a bit weird but it keeps me deeply focused. What do you normally listen to, if anything, while working?

PGen98

PGen98

Community Leader
Community Advocate
Valued Member
Jun 27, 2020
CB$
I prefer music when working, but if I find myself getting a bit too distracted by the music, I'll shut it off. I tend to start with music I listen to frequently, but shift towards classical music if it's a particularly intense project or something that needs extra focus.

apathy

apathy

how'd i get to be so good?
Valued Member
Aug 17, 2020
fortreeforums.xyz
CB$
Yeah music gets me through the day big time. I probably could do without it later on in the day, but in the mornings I actually can't function without a couple tunes

S

Sweerie_banana

Valued Member
Jul 29, 2020
CB$
i prefer silence while reading and music in other works.
Me too. I love listening to music while I am working or a movie but I prefer it to be real quiet when I am reading so that I can concentrate and grasp what I am reading.

nomad

nomad

Valued Member
Dec 13, 2020
CB$
When I was in the teens or early adulthood, I prefered to work with the music playing in the background. I even played music while studying. However, as I am growing older, I prefer scilence. In a young age, music helped me stay focused, and now music is a great distraction.

Reactions:Shane Dunk
Z

ZandraJoi

I need silence. I don't do well w/ noise. No music, no TV, etc. I even sleep with a loud white noise 'cos I wake easily.

S

sliara

Valued Member
Oct 9, 2020
CB$
I prefer silence when working, I don't want any distractions. When what I do doesn't require any focus then that's the time that I listen to music.

nangk08

nangk08

Valued Member
Jul 30, 2020
CB$
I used to listen to music while working and studying early on, but now as time has passed on, I prefer silence while doing anything that requires concentration.

sprite1950

sprite1950

Valued Member
Jan 3, 2021
CB$
It depends on what I'm doing, If it's something I really need to concentrate on I prefer to be in silence but if not I am quite happy to have the tv on in the background.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.