Do you prefer music or silence while working/studying?

Duks

I usually have something playing on my headphones while working. In the past, it used to be music, podcasts or clips on YouTube. Nowadays, however, I like to listen to the sound of rain while working. I know it's a bit weird but it keeps me deeply focused. What do you normally listen to, if anything, while working?

I prefer music when working, but if I find myself getting a bit too distracted by the music, I'll shut it off. I tend to start with music I listen to frequently, but shift towards classical music if it's a particularly intense project or something that needs extra focus.

apathy

apathy

how'd i get to be so good?
fortreeforums.xyz
Yeah music gets me through the day big time. I probably could do without it later on in the day, but in the mornings I actually can't function without a couple tunes

Sweerie_banana

i prefer silence while reading and music in other works.
Me too. I love listening to music while I am working or a movie but I prefer it to be real quiet when I am reading so that I can concentrate and grasp what I am reading.

When I was in the teens or early adulthood, I prefered to work with the music playing in the background. I even played music while studying. However, as I am growing older, I prefer scilence. In a young age, music helped me stay focused, and now music is a great distraction.

  • Like
Reactions:Shane Dunk

ZandraJoi

I need silence. I don't do well w/ noise. No music, no TV, etc. I even sleep with a loud white noise 'cos I wake easily.

I prefer silence when working, I don't want any distractions. When what I do doesn't require any focus then that's the time that I listen to music.

I used to listen to music while working and studying early on, but now as time has passed on, I prefer silence while doing anything that requires concentration.

It depends on what I'm doing, If it's something I really need to concentrate on I prefer to be in silence but if not I am quite happy to have the tv on in the background.