What's new

Do you prefer calling or texting?

Duks

Member
I usually would rather call instead of text simply because I find it easier. Furthermore, it is a lot faster, and you get instantaneous responses. Which of the two do you prefer?

Degame94

Member
Feb 8, 2021
There are many sides to this... For continuity, I can text the whole time but for urgency and precision, call is always better.

PGen98

Administrator
Moderator
It really depends on the context. If it's for an order or for a doctor's office or business reasons, I'd rather call. If it's social, then I'd rather send a quick text or email.

Jay

Administrator
Feb 1, 2021
For me it all depends on the matter that i need to deal with, but overall texting seems to be the way of the future.

luri

Member
When I was in my teens, I liked texting. I could say anything without being afraid of or ashamed of it. I used to text my friends and close family members. I called only when I wanted a spontaneous answer. For example, when I wanted to know where my particular friend was at the moment, I called her. But for other communication I texted. However, these days, I hardly text, I make phone calls.

Jay

Administrator
Feb 1, 2021
I used to text on the old flip phones man it took forever, nowdays it's so easy but a good old phone call is easy.

Simply for ease I would text, that way you know it reach them at some point. Sometimes you could be in a bad signal area or in a quite place (phone on silent) so it be better to text...

Jaden_66

Member
Feb 8, 2021
I usually would rather call instead of text simply because I find it easier. Furthermore, it is a lot faster, and you get instantaneous responses. Which of the two do you prefer?
I'm definitely a calling person. I know it can be annoying somewhat but i think a real sense of communication only happens when you can hear each others voice live and respond to it. It's not something for everyone. I just find texting lacking any emotion sometimes.

sprite1950

Member
I have one friend who I talk to all the time. We start off by texting and then after about 5 or 6 texts realise it would be so much easier to call so one of us will ring.

Jaden_66

Member
Feb 8, 2021
Calling is easier. But I only call those people without asking on text, who are close to me. Otherwise I text people who aren't close to me then if they are free or okay with me calling them then yeah I call them.

Spikey

Member
I prefer calling most of the time as many of you said it's easier and better for communication. I'm perfectly fine with a text say if you or I just have 1 question and want a answer and you don't have to call them for just 1 question.