Do you normally get vaccinated to prevent diseases?

Duks

There are some vaccines that are recommended periodically to adults, as well as children, to protect against diseases such as flu and tetanus. I used to get vaccinated from time to time back when I was in school, but not anymore. Do you normally visit the doctor to get the recommended vaccines?

I am 70 years old and have had every vaccination available to humans! My children were also vaccinated and now my granddaughter. We are all in good health and have never had any major illnesses. I rarely visit the doctor and don't ask him about vaccination. I just had my flu and pneumonia jabs with no side effects. I am now looking forward to having my covid vaccination.

EDIT: Just heard I'm getting my first dose of the Pfizer vaccine at 4pm tomorrow. Sooo excited:clap:

Last edited:
  • Like
Reactions:Jay and preacherbob
preacherbob

preacherbob

With the exception of the myriad of shots I received in the military, I have received only 2 shots since and those were for the prevention of infection.
I was already immune to the mumps and smallpox from birth and at the present time my arsenal of supplements are such that my immune system is pretty much ready for anything.
Science said that it is only a coincidence that I caught the flu directly after the Army gave me a flu shot but still, science or not I haven’t had a shot for it since and have never had the flu since that time in 1967.

The most honest thing I can write is that I would make a lousy drug addict due to the fact that I do not like needles. My doctor orders 4 vials of blood to be tested every 6 months and that’s the extent of the needle poking.

To be frank, I am avoiding vaccines because I do not trust them. When we were young we had no choice because I was in public school and it was compulsory for us to be vaccinated against measles and chicken pox. Now that I am an adult I have the power to refuse. Last January I was offered free vaccine against flu and pneumonia but I refused. With the impending arrival of covid vaccine I will also refuse.

Feb 1, 2021
Location
Over Here
Website
chatbanter.com
I am with @Alexandoy on this one, We we forced to take them back in the day going to school but it has been 40 years since i was even close to a needle, as for the COVID vaccine i will wait until most of the planet has taken it as i don't think they had enough time to really test this.

  • Like
Reactions:Alexandoy

The last vaccine I received was the Polio vaccine. It was about 30 years ago. Since then I never hade had any vaccines. Vaccines are some sort of microbes that alter our DNA. However, most of the vaccines are safe. That's why I vaccinated my kid. Covid vaccine program is underway in our country and when it is available to be I will surely get the jab.

The last vaccine I received was the Polio vaccine. It was about 30 years ago. Since then I never hade had any vaccines. Vaccines are some sort of microbes that alter our DNA. However, most of the vaccines are safe. That's why I vaccinated my kid. Covid vaccine program is underway in our country and when it is available to be I will surely get the jab.
In the UK children are re-vaccinated against polio/diptheria/tetanus at the age of 14 years. My grandddaughter had hers last week with no ill effects. I have seen what polio can do as I knew people who caught it before the vaccination and it was a terrible disease. Vaccination has thankfully wiped it out.

Well I had my covid vaccination yesterday and the worst part was queuing in the freezing cold for half an hour. I had the Astrazeneca (Oxford) jab even though they told me on the phone it would be Pfizer. It took seconds and I have had no reaction to it at all. With the Oxford you don't have to wait 15 mins as you do with Pfizer. Roll on the second dose in 12 weeks time!