Do you love your country a lot?

Claraviolet

Real hero hidden in the darkness
I do love my country a lot.
For that, I try to participate in river cleaning, pond cleaning and such.
I have participated in campaigns focused on planting as well. I have been able to do all this, thanks to my company's club.

So what about you guys? What did you do so far? Share your experiences here!

Spikey

Experienced Chatterer
Yep! I am very proud to be Canadian! We are pretty nice people. I love it how we have 'free' health care. I love it how we are great at hockey!

Sweerie_banana

New Chatterer
Not so much anymore. I wish I wasn't a citizen of this country. There's so much corruption happening in the government that makes me not want to be a part of it anymore. Every official just want to make money of you.

Donations given out to the sick and the suffering are eaten by the health officials. I don't know why they never get satisfied by all the money they gather. They still steal some more from us. I think something you earn genuinely stays with you longer. I wouldn't want this make money quick schemes. I pray to God to make me satisfied with the little I have.

Sometimes I wish I could change my citizenship and start life afresh elsewhere. Then again everyplace has it's challenges.

Davidisms

Experienced Chatterer
Not so much anymore. I wish I wasn't a citizen of this country. There's so much corruption happening in the government that makes me not want to be a part of it anymore. Every official just want to make money of you.

Donations given out to the sick and the suffering are eaten by the health officials. I don't know why they never get satisfied by all the money they gather. They still steal some more from us. I think something you earn genuinely stays with you longer. I wouldn't want this make money quick schemes. I pray to God to make me satisfied with the little I have.

Sometimes I wish I could change my citizenship and start life afresh elsewhere. Then again everyplace has it's challenges.
Looks like everywhere. :unsure:

It would be hard to find places where corruption is not present except they are uninhabited of course.

LEADTECH

New Chatterer
Yes, I love Philippines. We have a great president right now.
Corruption and Crime rate has been decrease this past few years because of him :)

apathy

how'd i get to be so good?
Not really, there aren't really any ideal political parties (our best option literally have ties to the IRA), rent prices are completely criminal, drug addiction is way too common, and there isn't even anything to do. Pretty much every nightclub has been shutdown and replaced with Hotels. The Garda aren't great but they're also nowhere near as bad as other police forces in the world. It rains pretty much all the time except for like 2 weeks in summer where there's sun.

Theres a reason all my friends want to get out of here and move elsewhere. As for me, even if I don't like it it's home. I've lived here for 25 years and I don't see moving elsewhere as a solution.

Sweerie_banana

New Chatterer
I don't like my country. There is currently so much corruption left right and center. I don't know why but the people involved aren't even being condemned for their crimes. We are the ones suffering for their greediness.

fantanoice

New Chatterer
I mean it's Australia so you have to love the scenery and animals. But our Government is effed - they're owned by mining companies that actively work to destroy the environment.

nangk08

Experienced Chatterer
I love my country a lot as well. I love and support our current PM Mr. Modi a lot and for the first time in 70 years, we have finally found a PM who would stand up to the bullies - our neighbours and show them their place. Yet, what irritates and angers me is the brigade of leftist liberals who mince no words in slandering our PM even though he doing a good job.

ewpratt

New Chatterer
I live in the USA, and I used to love it here. Now, not so much. Thigs have been getting worse for years, and now I feel we've finally hit the point where are facing a potential 2nd civil war. People are so divided here, I'm not sure anything will unite everyone anytime soon.

Alexandoy

Experienced Chatterer
I am not a die-hard patriotic citizen of my country but I love this place and there was a time that I joined the people power to oust a dictator. In 2007, the petition of my parents for my legal immigration was approved. But I did not avail of it because I don't want to leave my country. Now all my 3 siblings are US citizens and I am the only one in the family who is left here in our country.

Top