Welcome to Chatbanter.

Forumregister.com

Do you like to sleep with the light on or off?

I have to sleep in complete darkness and it must be quiet. My granddaughter who is 14 has only started to sleep with the light off in the last year. Before she was afraid of the dark. So lights on or off for you?

I love sleeping with the lights off. Though my daughter prefers the light on. She is so scared when the lights are off and she can never sleep in her room by herself.

Anyway, I believe there are so many health benefits of sleeping with the lights off. Melatonin is the hormone that regulates sleep and wakefulness and I cannot sleep well with the light on. I keep them on through the night while I work but when I sleep I switch them off preferably at 4 am when I am working late at night.

Sleeping with the lights on may lead to complications like cancer especially in women who sleep under high-intensity light have a higher chance of developing breast cancer compared to women who sleep with the lights off. Artificial lights may also lead to obesity and weight gain as well as interfere with your eating habits.

I like to sleep with the lights off, but now since I sleep accidentally, I tend to sleep with the lights on. It doesn't seem to matter though, the lights don't bother me at all.

I like to sleep with the lights off, but now since I sleep accidentally, I tend to sleep with the lights on. It doesn't seem to matter though, the lights don't bother me at all.
It won't be a bother for now cause the effect come after a while of sleeping with them on.

Rain is the only time I sleep without noise. Otherwise I tend to leave a video on in the background, particularly one I've either seen a few times or that is educational, because it will make me zone out a little bit and then...off I go! I can't sleep the with the lights on, though, that's too much light for me.

I recently bought a small fridge to keep in my room so that I could store snacks in it as my granddaughter used to steal them all! It seemed reasonably quiet in the day but at night it kept me awake with its operating sound so after two sleepless nights I put it downstairs. That will teach me to be sneaky! So for me it has to be dark and quiet.

Sleeping with the light on is my bad habit, i really can't sleep when the light is off. I am trying but failing.

Sign Up

Register now
Existing user? Sign In

If you have an account, please log in