What's new

Do you have enough control to stop in the

Claraviolet

Real hero hidden in the darkness
Member
It can be a television series or a movie, do you think you can stop watching it in the middle?
To be honest, I don't have that control. That's the reason, why I don't pick any television series to watch. I will lose track of time. What about you guys? Do you have enough control to stop watching a series or a movie in the middle, to resume later? Do you have any tips to get such control? If so, do share them here.

PGen98

Administrator
Moderator
I've sort of gained that level of control over the years, mostly be necessity, so yeah, I can walk away and come back later. It's annoying to have to do that, of course, but when needs must...

bomb

Member
It can be a television series or a movie, do you think you can stop watching it in the middle?
To be honest, I don't have that control. That's the reason, why I don't pick any television series to watch. I will lose track of time. What about you guys? Do you have enough control to stop watching a series or a movie in the middle, to resume later? Do you have any tips to get such control? If so, do share them here.
For movies, there is no way i will stop after i have done the first 30 min. For series, if i managed to watch the first two episodes, i usually just have to finish the whole series, whether it's boring or not!!! You just get entangled in the moments and start relating with the characters.

Jeremy

Member
Time is precious, I watch movies to have different knowledge about different things. Once I find a movie is not giving me the motivation to watch it, I tried to quit watching it and find other things to do. Sometimes to break this barrier, I tends to ask for reviews before I watch movie sometimes.

nangk08

Member
I tend to get wholly immersed in the movie or TV show that I watch and yet, I do have enough self control over myself to stop watching in the middle if something comes up. I can even get by by skipping an episode or two and not lingering for long on what I may have missed!

Well it depends on the kind of movie and also the movie provider.

If you watch it in the cinema, you have to finish it. But if it's a CD or DVD, you could stop it anytime and just go back later. So as with Netflix or Prime for you can watch movies at them at your convenience.

sprite1950

Member
I like a movie that has a lot of action from the beginning as I get bored easily. If I get halfway in and nothing much has happened it is doubtful that I will go back to it at all. I have dozens of half watched movies on my Netflix. If I really like a movie I may or may not watch it from beginning to end depending on how tired I am.

I like a movie that has a lot of action from the beginning as I get bored easily. If I get halfway in and nothing much has happened it is doubtful that I will go back to it at all. I have dozens of half watched movies on my Netflix. If I really like a movie I may or may not watch it from beginning to end depending on how tired I am.
Sometimes I'm doing that too. But not all movies are packed with actions from beginning to the end.

So what I did to follow the story line until it's finished. In doing so, I could appreciate the movie.