What's new

Welcome To Chatbanter

Chatbanter is a general discussion site giving you many options for discussion and a little fun, enjoy colored usernames, special userbars and an open fun community so let's chat about what matters to you right now.

Do you get sleepy after eating?

D

Duks

Valued Member
Dec 12, 2020
CB$
I sometimes get really sleepy shortly after a meal for some reason. So much so that I end up taking a nap a lot of those times. Do you also experience this? Secondly, what causes it?

Spikey

Spikey

Valued Member
Jul 21, 2020
CB$
Nope, I do lots of fitness so when I eat it usually gives me more energy and I feel full and healthy. Especially when I eat healthy food.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Valued Member
Aug 4, 2020
CB$
When I lack sleep at night for any reason I would feel sleepy after having my lunch. To neutralize the sleepy feeling I would do some physical activities like household chores of tending my potted plants. But when I had nothing to do I would succumb to the call of the bed although 1 hour of sleep is enough. It is good to give the body the rest that it needs but it affects my night time sleep so avoid having a nap.

nomad

nomad

Valued Member
Dec 13, 2020
CB$
When I don't get enough sleep at night, I feel sleepy any time during the day, not just after eating. However, if I get a good sleep at night, I don't feel sleepy during the day. In the evening, after having my supper, I don't feel like sleeping immediately. In fact going to sleep right after eating is not good for your body. You should sleep at least 4 hours later after you had your meal.

Shane Dunk

Shane Dunk

Valued Member
Feb 7, 2021
CB$
Whenever i eat after fasting i feel i will sleep on dining table, so lazy at that time huh.

nomad

nomad

Valued Member
Dec 13, 2020
CB$
I get sleepy after eating but that does not happen too often. Usually, when I eat after long hours and when I eat a lot, I feel sleepy. I go to work on the weekdays, therefore, I eat in small portions and don't faeel sleepy. On the weekends, I eat late and I eat more than usual and I feel sleepy right after eating.

prake

prake

Valued Member
Oct 23, 2021
CB$
I think everyone gets sleepy after lunch. But trained ourselves not to continue with that.

Reactions:Jay
Jay

Jay

Community Leader
Feb 1, 2021
Over Here
chatbanter.com
CB$
I try and get moving just after or I will want a nap.

Kenan Thompson Reaction GIF by NBC

ZandraJoi

ZandraJoi

Valued Member
Jan 3, 2022
CB$
For some people, too many carbs will make them sleepy. Food intolerances can be another cause. Drinking too much caffeine can have the opposite effect.
I can get sleepy after a heavy meal. Avoiding those types of meals is what helps me. Also, going for a walk after helps.

Reactions:Jay and prake
Gibby

Gibby

Valued Member
Dec 11, 2021
CB$
A bit not to the extent of napping, i never nap anyway

Reactions:Jay and prake

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.