Do you get sleepy after eating?

Duks

I sometimes get really sleepy shortly after a meal for some reason. So much so that I end up taking a nap a lot of those times. Do you also experience this? Secondly, what causes it?

Nope, I do lots of fitness so when I eat it usually gives me more energy and I feel full and healthy. Especially when I eat healthy food.

When I lack sleep at night for any reason I would feel sleepy after having my lunch. To neutralize the sleepy feeling I would do some physical activities like household chores of tending my potted plants. But when I had nothing to do I would succumb to the call of the bed although 1 hour of sleep is enough. It is good to give the body the rest that it needs but it affects my night time sleep so avoid having a nap.

When I don't get enough sleep at night, I feel sleepy any time during the day, not just after eating. However, if I get a good sleep at night, I don't feel sleepy during the day. In the evening, after having my supper, I don't feel like sleeping immediately. In fact going to sleep right after eating is not good for your body. You should sleep at least 4 hours later after you had your meal.

Shane Dunk

Shane Dunk

Valued Member
Feb 7, 2021
Whenever i eat after fasting i feel i will sleep on dining table, so lazy at that time huh.

I get sleepy after eating but that does not happen too often. Usually, when I eat after long hours and when I eat a lot, I feel sleepy. I go to work on the weekdays, therefore, I eat in small portions and don't faeel sleepy. On the weekends, I eat late and I eat more than usual and I feel sleepy right after eating.

prake

prake

I think everyone gets sleepy after lunch. But trained ourselves not to continue with that.

  • Like
Reactions:Jay

Feb 1, 2021
Over Here
chatbanter.com
I try and get moving just after or I will want a nap.

Kenan Thompson Reaction GIF by NBC

ZandraJoi

ZandraJoi

For some people, too many carbs will make them sleepy. Food intolerances can be another cause. Drinking too much caffeine can have the opposite effect.
I can get sleepy after a heavy meal. Avoiding those types of meals is what helps me. Also, going for a walk after helps.

  • Like
Reactions:Jay and prake
Gibby

Gibby

A bit not to the extent of napping, i never nap anyway

  • Like
Reactions:Jay and prake