Do you get enough vitamin D?

Duks

Vitamin D is great for your bones and health in general. You can get it in some foods and possibly supplements, but the sun is one of the best, if not the best source. However, many people are deficient in it as they don't spend much time out in the sun, and the amount they get from food is insufficient. This can lead to fatigue, bone loss, depression, among other conditions.

Do you believe you get enough vitamin D? If not, I would suggest spending some time in the sun frequently.

I don't get enough Vitamin D, I always stay home anyway, so if I want to be more healthy I would make an effort to get more sunlight and even exercise.

I have been taking vitamin D pills since I heard that it is good for your immune system and was recommended by health experts since the pandemic began. I don't know if it's doing any good but I like to think I'm doing something to protect myself

Joshi

Joshi

I think my hair is like a plant i need to sit in the sun for it to grow. Photosynthesis.

I was once tested with Vitamin D deficiency. I had to take the tablets for 6 weeks. As far as I know, the sun does not supply you with Vitamin D. Actually, your skin produces Vitamin D when it is exposed to the sun. Basking in the morning sun is the best way to supply vitamin D to the body, but for most of us that is not possible due to a hectic schedule.

Shane Dunk

Shane Dunk

Valued Member
Feb 7, 2021
Yes i get it by sunlight and whenever i go to gym i have my fresh orange juice with me everyday.

Webster

Webster

Curmudgeon
For years I was deficient; after leaving the hospital in late October 2021 I was put on a Vitamin D prescription (50,000 IU twice a week) through late January 2022; at present, I now take 1,000 IU once daily since the levels of Vit. D in my blood are back to normal.

And yes, it has made a heck of a difference in my overall health; I feel better, I'm getting out and walking more and more, etc.