What's new

Welcome To Chatbanter

Chatbanter is a general discussion site giving you many options for discussion and a little fun, enjoy colored usernames, special userbars and an open fun community so let's chat about what matters to you right now.

Do you believe that there are real ghosts?

Thread Owner : Alexandoy
Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Valued Member
Aug 4, 2020
CB$
I asked this question because I realized that all the ghost stories that I had heard and seen on tv were mostly stories and nothing more. What I mean is that people say they have experienced seeing a ghost but there was no proof whatsoever. Even those paranormal experts who claim to know how to determine the presence of ghost, they look fake to me. If there are ghosts then why do we not have a concrete proof of its existence?

Nabix

Nabix

Valued Member
Nov 7, 2020
CB$
I have no idea. But, Ghost Adventures does make it fun to watch. Well...it did before they sold out lol

Claraviolet

Claraviolet

Real hero hidden in the darkness
Valued Member
Jul 25, 2020
CB$
No, I don't believe in ghosts at all.
It's all in our mind and how we see stuff and that's all it is. If we are afraid of something, then it would look even scarier. So, we will have to train our minds to be brave when we come face to face with our inner demons.

Well, I believe in science and I just can't agree with ghost existence, unless I have enough proof.

Riker Slade

Riker Slade

Valued Member
Nov 16, 2020
India
www.voidcentury.club
CB$
There is zero scientific evidence that supports the existence of ghosts. There is no phenomena in the universe which would support the existence of ghosts. A positive claim of ghosts existing requires positive evidence of which there is none. Thus, I do not believe in ghosts.

Last edited:
Jeremy

Jeremy

Valued Member
Dec 13, 2020
CB$
I have never read any book that talked about the existence of ghost. However most films that we watched are just fictions that are not real.

M

Mildredtabitha

Valued Member
Jul 29, 2020
CB$
I dont believe in the existence of ghosts.Those are just stories that people make from their own imagination.

sprite1950

sprite1950

Valued Member
Jan 3, 2021
CB$
I believe in something but I have never seen a ghost. When I was younger My friend and I stayed in a bed and breakfast in Bournemouth, a seaside town close to us. During the night I was dozing off and the door of our room suddenly shot open with force and then very slowly closed. This happened twice and I was terrified although I couldn't explain it. My friend had stayed out later and was not there at the time. In the morning we went down for breakfast and I asked the lady if there were any other guests. She said no, we were were the only two. I didn't see anything but I felt a presence and couldn't wait to get out of there.

Jazzy

Jazzy

Java Junkie
Valued Member
Dec 19, 2021
Vermont
yaketys.com
CB$
Yes but before I tell you what happened, here's the backstory: A rocking chair that my grandfather had was left to my dad when my grandfather passed away. After my dad passed away, I now have the rocking chair in my bedroom. My dad used to rock me in that rocking chair when I was sick or cranky as a baby to put me to sleep.

The story of what happened as an adult: I was very sick and could only manage to leave my bed to go to the bathroom and get back into bed. I lived alone and there was no one else in my house but me. I woke up hearing a "creaking" noise in my room. I managed to turn the bedside lamp on and the rocking chair (empty) was rocking back and forth. My bedroom door was closed as were my windows. That's when I realized my dad was there with me and watching over me. So, yes, I am a believer.

Reactions:Jay
Ash

Ash

Valued Member
Jun 25, 2020
CB$
I don't believe in ghosts either, to be honest. Never experienced anything paranormal (touch wood) so hopefully, that will continue for the rest of my life.

It's probably a good thing I don't believe in ghosts. Helps me sleep a bit better at night

Reactions:Jay

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.