Discolored, streaking laptop LCD

    Thread Owner : Nocturnal Thinker
  • #1

Our 2nd elder daughter informed me that the lcd of her laptop looks weird. There are several streaks of greenish color scattered across the laptop's screen. The monitor is still functioning but the some of the photos or videos shown are having a discoloration.

To get a good view of what is displayed on screen she got an extension VGA cord and attach it to a other computer screen. That's what she's doing.

What's the cause of it? Is it in the power supply or in the laptop or in the LCD itself? Could it be repaired or replaced? Or does she need to buy a new one?