Digital goods Vs physical goods

    Thread Owner : Neutral Nova
  • #1
It's a Price raising question.

I can understand with physical products that each year due to change in tax and shipping costs etc that things might get more expensive.

But digital goods, how do I justify raise the price once a year?
Does anybody have any good arguments for it's?

The only way you can really justify upping the price of digital goods is to make the offering more desirable. More features, new look, redesigned, etc...you just have to make sure it can be justified by giving more for the money.

If you increase the price of digital goods then it won't sell anymore because you never really had any additional expenses with it. It would only be justified if you shelled out more money when producing it.

Nabix

Nabix

Location
127.0.01
Assuming we are talking about software services... when you add more features you will also increase the amount of development time it takes, which means more developers, testers, etc. You have to pay these people, so the cost gets past off to the customer. Which is fine (mostly) since as the customer, you are getting a more powerful software.

  • Like
Reactions:PGen98

Digital goods go through updates. During the updates, new features are added, the developers working on the product development are paid more. That's why the price of digital goods also increases. The price increase for digital goods and physical goods are almost simlar. Some products that do not require updates and development also becomes pricy in order to acomodate with the market.