Desktop or Laptop or Tablet?

    Thread Owner : DudeThatsErin
  • #1
DudeThatsErin

Location
AZ, USA
Website
erinskidds.website
I prefer to use my iPad or Desktop. Laptops are too clunky for me, when I am on Windows I prefer to have power and reliability that comes from a desktop and laptops can't give you that unless you spend a lot of money.

I have an iBuyPower desktop and an iPad Pro 10.5 LTE. What about you? What do you have? What do you prefer to use?

The keyboards on a desktop feel more comfortable, so I'd rather be on one. However, laptops are definitely more portable. Nonetheless, these thin desktops are rather easy to move these days.

Alexander

Alexander

I prefer Laptops out of three mentioned in this topic. They are definitely more portable than a Desktop, while still allowing me to perform the same tasks that other platforms would do.

Most of the applications I use on Windows cannot be ran on a Tablet, so it’s a Laptop all the way for me.

Honestly, I would prefer a gaming PC cause of the improved memory and graphics. However, some regular desktops can be upgraded. Anyway, a gaming computer is rather expensive, honestly.

Honestly, I would prefer a gaming PC cause of the improved memory and graphics. However, some regular desktops can be upgraded. Anyway, a gaming computer is rather expensive, honestly.
You're definitely not wrong there. Thanks to ever-increasing GPU prices and the incomprehensible reliance on RGBing every single component, the costs for gaming performance is getting ludicrous. You can absolutely upgrade a standard PC to gaming specs with a decent GPU (for money's sake, stick GTX, not RTX) and some increased memory and you've got yourself a serviceable gaming PC.

  • Like
Reactions:Jayson
Hungry Ego

Hungry Ego

Location
Canada, The Great White North
I use my laptop as a desktop :p.

I am looking forward to the time when I can actually afford to buy a new computer. This one is good for the basics, but stuggles to keep up on labour intensive things.

Definitely getting a laptop on the side would be good due to portability and just to have an extra computer. In fact, recently there was a good brand on-sale for only around $100. I regret I didn't get it.

Definitely getting a laptop on the side would be good due to portability and just to have an extra computer. In fact, recently there was a good brand on-sale for only around $100. I regret I didn't get it.
Not that I'm an authority on all things laptops, but I'd highly recommend grabbing a Lenovo or Asus if you can get your hands on them, very good laptop brands from my experience.

Sweerie_banana

I lost my iPad a while back. I can count a couple of years now. Sadly, I haven't been able to replace one. I managed to get a laptop instead recently and I am loving the experience of using it though I rarely do cause I am still searching for online work that I can partake in to generate a steady income. A lot has happened that has once again made me relly on online work once more.
We used to have a desktop long ago. We used it as a family. I remember my father used to come from work and play solitaire games just to unwind and relax his mind. I miss him so much. I don't know where it went afterwards, maybe my brother sold it. I wish we still had it. We gave shifted a couple of times unfortunately it's difficult to keep track of anything.