Thread Owner : DudeThatsErin
DudeThatsErin

DudeThatsErin

Valued Member
Reaction score
Website
erinskidds.website
CB$
I prefer to use my iPad or Desktop. Laptops are too clunky for me, when I am on Windows I prefer to have power and reliability that comes from a desktop and laptops can't give you that unless you spend a lot of money.

I have an iBuyPower desktop and an iPad Pro 10.5 LTE. What about you? What do you have? What do you prefer to use?

J

Jayson

Valued Member
Reaction score
CB$
The keyboards on a desktop feel more comfortable, so I'd rather be on one. However, laptops are definitely more portable. Nonetheless, these thin desktops are rather easy to move these days.

Alexander

Alexander

Valued Member
Reaction score
CB$
I prefer Laptops out of three mentioned in this topic. They are definitely more portable than a Desktop, while still allowing me to perform the same tasks that other platforms would do.

Most of the applications I use on Windows cannot be ran on a Tablet, so it’s a Laptop all the way for me.

J

Jayson

Valued Member
Reaction score
CB$
Honestly, I would prefer a gaming PC cause of the improved memory and graphics. However, some regular desktops can be upgraded. Anyway, a gaming computer is rather expensive, honestly.

PGen98

PGen98

Community Leader
Community Advocate
Valued Member
Reaction score
CB$
Honestly, I would prefer a gaming PC cause of the improved memory and graphics. However, some regular desktops can be upgraded. Anyway, a gaming computer is rather expensive, honestly.
You're definitely not wrong there. Thanks to ever-increasing GPU prices and the incomprehensible reliance on RGBing every single component, the costs for gaming performance is getting ludicrous. You can absolutely upgrade a standard PC to gaming specs with a decent GPU (for money's sake, stick GTX, not RTX) and some increased memory and you've got yourself a serviceable gaming PC.

Reactions:Jayson
Hungry Ego

Hungry Ego

Valued Member
Reaction score
CB$
I use my laptop as a desktop :p.

I am looking forward to the time when I can actually afford to buy a new computer. This one is good for the basics, but stuggles to keep up on labour intensive things.

J

Jayson

Valued Member
Reaction score
CB$
Definitely getting a laptop on the side would be good due to portability and just to have an extra computer. In fact, recently there was a good brand on-sale for only around $100. I regret I didn't get it.

PGen98

PGen98

Community Leader
Community Advocate
Valued Member
Reaction score
CB$
Definitely getting a laptop on the side would be good due to portability and just to have an extra computer. In fact, recently there was a good brand on-sale for only around $100. I regret I didn't get it.
Not that I'm an authority on all things laptops, but I'd highly recommend grabbing a Lenovo or Asus if you can get your hands on them, very good laptop brands from my experience.

S

Sweerie_banana

Valued Member
Reaction score
CB$
I lost my iPad a while back. I can count a couple of years now. Sadly, I haven't been able to replace one. I managed to get a laptop instead recently and I am loving the experience of using it though I rarely do cause I am still searching for online work that I can partake in to generate a steady income. A lot has happened that has once again made me relly on online work once more.
We used to have a desktop long ago. We used it as a family. I remember my father used to come from work and play solitaire games just to unwind and relax his mind. I miss him so much. I don't know where it went afterwards, maybe my brother sold it. I wish we still had it. We gave shifted a couple of times unfortunately it's difficult to keep track of anything.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.