Defragging a mobile phone necessary?

It is a common practice that computers need to be defragged that is the process of removing unused blocks in its files in order to save space on the disk and to speed up working efficiency. And this is done periodically.

In the issue of defragmentation, does a mobile phone need to be defragged too? I'm asking this if it is possible for I know files in the mobile phone are occupying enough spaces and the process of writing and rewriting may affect its speed performance.

Is it possible or necessary to do it regularly? What is the issue on this? Have you experienced that your phone is working slowly?

I don't think you should defrag anything with solid state / flash memory, IMO.
this, phone storage is much more akin to SSDs, in both cases you can actually shorten the lifespan by defragging.
That said, I wonder how many defrag apps exist for Android. Android (probably?) uses ext4 as it's filesystem so fragmentation doesnt become an issue until 90% of the storage has been filled

this, phone storage is much more akin to SSDs, in both cases you can actually shorten the lifespan by defragging.
That said, I wonder how many defrag apps exist for Android. Android (probably?) uses ext4 as it's filesystem so fragmentation doesnt become an issue until 90% of the storage has been filled
I wouldn't be surprised if there were a good number of defragging apps out there for Android, for sure. It used to be good practice for defrag, and it still is for spinning drives, but nothing solid state.

I have not heard of defragging the storage of the cell phone. Maybe it is needed somehow but my guess is that the Android has a different approach to the storage unlike in the computer where the files are placed adjacent to the most recent. I have to be honest that I am not sure but more likely the phone does not need to be defragmented since there are no fragments therein.

We are just presuming whether it is necessary to defrag for we don't have the basis nor there is an app for that.

I'm just assuming the possibility for there come a time that.we keep of our files and the deleted files are still stored in the virtual memory and they should be removed permanently to free more storage space memory.

And the process of decluttering them is similar to defragmentation, isn't it? Am I not right? Anybody who could cite any possibility of there is or there's none. We couldn't wait until we meet or experience a problem of our mobile phone storage.

I don't think that defragging a mobile phone is necessary, I haven't seen an application for defragging phones. Maybe it's not needed.
You may be right since there's no application for that task.

What about if your phone is already full of memory? Your phone would be running very slowly.

Back
Top