Dealing with depression

    Thread Owner : ARx182
  • #1
ARx182

Depression is a disease that can occur to anyone, even the happiest of people. Different people have different ways of coping with depression. If you haven't experienced depression, you will probably not be able to answer this question, but if you have, how do you deal with depression?

I have experienced mild depression at one point in my life, I'd like to think it's very unlike me, but as I've mentioned, it is a disease that can occur to anyone. I dealt with it by keeping myself busy (spending time with friends/family) and ultimately looking at the positives instead of the negatives. It's easier said than done, but once you can change your (negative) perception, everything changes.

Hungry Ego

Hungry Ego

Canada, The Great White North
I used to have severe anxiety while working at my old job where I used to play online mobile games to cope. Long story short, that was a very bad decision and led to even more depressions and anxiety when the bills started stacking up. I was addicted.

Having been someone who went through the struggles of online addictions, copious spending, severe anxiety and pulling together it all together to go to work each day where I had to make business decisions throughout my shift, it was exhausting. It was not only stressful being at work, but coming home to all of these problems I'd caused for myself did not help one bit.

In the end, I sought out therapy, am managing the anxiety with medication, and am now paying off my debts. It has been over 2 years since I hit my "rock bottom", and I still have a couple more years ahead of me. But I can tell you that I am so looking forward to the financial freedom in the next 2 years that will come once I have those mistakes all paid off.

Oh...getting a new job also drastically helped. More pay, better hours, and not nearly as much BS. Still has its moments, but it is definitely more manageable, and I am able to recognize when I begin to "get excited" and it is mostly just a communication thing where I get so hung up I can't formulate thoughts and get overwhelmed. Doesn't happen very often, but I am in a place now where when I recognize those signs, I am able to stop, take a step back, breathe and analyze, and then calmly communicate through the issue. It is still there and I believe it will always be there, but coping and managing anxiety and depression is the key.

It is possible, and the sun does rise again tomorrow. Regardless of how dark and dreary things look. Returning to forums from a 6 year hiatus was actually a decision I made to deal with anxiety during Covid :-).

  • Like
Reactions:ARx182

I think the prayer of the righteous can do much - and for others, prayer after sincerely repenting of sins. I believe evil spirits cause depression and/or act on the already present chemical imbalances in the brain etc..

If you're very busy then I don't think that you would be even depressed to begin with, if you're too preoccupied with something then you won't even think about your problems.

Depression is a mental disease that can start from emotional problems like being sad most of the time. The best way to fight off depression is to be aware that there is mild depression in you or the mild depression is just about to start. Divert your attention to some other things that are interesting to you. If you can get someone to talk to then meet him at once but talk of other things and not your problems.

Stress, anxiety, and depression are part of life. Most of us are already battling with these mental issues. Even though I do not have any history of clinical depression, I often experience depression. I have never taken any medication for my conditions and for me yoga and meditation are the two most effective methods to curb mental issues like stress, anxiety, and depression.

Jeremy

Jeremy

Depression can comes in a lot of ways. The best way to get out of that is to feel happy always. Whatever happens, just try not to think over it. Also always get connected with friends, so you don't feel lonely all the time. Lastly having fun is great.