What's new

Welcome To Chatbanter

Chatbanter is a general discussion site giving you many options for discussion and a little fun, enjoy colored usernames, special userbars and an open fun community so let's chat about what matters to you right now.

Crochet! Old-fashioned or not?...

Thread Owner : Minimal
M

Minimal

Valued Member
Sep 20, 2020
CB$
Hello folks. I would like to share with you my thoughts on crocheting. For me, it is something extremely feminine; something connecting with home-making. Crocheting made me feel like my own grandma. And maybe made me think in a more clear fashion because things like these are famed to made the hemispheres work together better.

Have you ever tried to croche? Maybe you have something interesting to share beside thought on the subject? Sadly I know only one technique myself.

M

Mildredtabitha

Valued Member
Jul 29, 2020
CB$
I know a little bit of croche and I don't think its old fashined.ive seen clothes made using crotchet and they are really good and are still being bought.

nangk08

nangk08

Valued Member
Jul 30, 2020
CB$
I like crocheted pieces, they look so beautifully elegant and yet simple, they do have an old-world charm but not really outdated. I have always wanted to learn the craft but never got round to it.

nangk08

nangk08

Valued Member
Jul 30, 2020
CB$
I hear crochet and all that comes to mind is old white English ladies.
Yes that too!! I guess that maybe the reason why crochet does represent old world charm. The picture that I often see in my mind is scenes from books like Jane Eyre or Little Women etc.

Reactions:Hova
nomad

nomad

Valued Member
Dec 13, 2020
CB$
My mother does Crocheting, in fact, she is very expert. She can make anything from Crocheting, from cardigans, sweaters, shawls, hats, scarfs, even quilt cover, bed cover, anything you can imagine. She learned the technique from her mother. Maybe her mother learned from her mother. When I was a kid, Crocheting was very popular. However, these days I do not see too many people Crocheting. Maybe this is out of date. Or perhaps people do not have time because they are busy with so many things.

Reactions:nangk08
nangk08

nangk08

Valued Member
Jul 30, 2020
CB$
My mother does Crocheting, in fact, she is very expert. She can make anything from Crocheting, from cardigans, sweaters, shawls, hats, scarfs, even quilt cover, bed cover, anything you can imagine. She learned the technique from her mother. Maybe her mother learned from her mother. When I was a kid, Crocheting was very popular. However, these days I do not see too many people Crocheting. Maybe this is out of date. Or perhaps people do not have time because they are busy with so many things.
That is so wonderful. Did you learn any from her? I remember there were so many ladies I knew who used to crochet all the time when they finished their regular chores. But I was in school that time and didn't think much about it. My own mother was into sewing rather than crocheting. I did learn to sew and a little bit of embroidery from her. Now when I want to learn to crochet, there is hardly anyone around who can do that.

Reactions:nomad
Hova

Hova

Valued Member
Jul 28, 2020
CB$
Yes that too!! I guess that maybe the reason why crochet does represent old world charm. The picture that I often see in my mind is scenes from books like Jane Eyre or Little Women etc.
Something Monarchy-ish.

Nocturnal Thinker

Nocturnal Thinker

Valued Member
Sep 15, 2020
CB$
My wife is a good in crocheting. She used to crochet the dresses of our children when they're child before.

Crocheting isn't a fad nowadays for the people are buying ready-made clothes.

nomad

nomad

Valued Member
Dec 13, 2020
CB$
That is so wonderful. Did you learn any from her? I remember there were so many ladies I knew who used to crochet all the time when they finished their regular chores. But I was in school that time and didn't think much about it. My own mother was into sewing rather than crocheting. I did learn to sew and a little bit of embroidery from her. Now when I want to learn to crochet, there is hardly anyone around who can do that.
sadly, none of my mother's kids learned the art of Crocheting. Maybe her kids were not interested in the "work" that was classified as "work of a housewife."My mother never tried sewing. Well, she can do a little bit of hand sewing, however, I did not see her sewing dress. Perhaps, she did not have a sewing machine.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.