Covid - Required to wear face mask and face shield

    Thread Owner : Alexandoy
  • #1

Another lockdown started 3 days ago. It is okay with us but we were surprised that the face shield is now a requirement when you go out. That is aside from the face mask. That's fine because we have some face shields at home, being ready for eventualities. But what gets me is when I went out yesterday, there were so many vendors in the street selling face shields. A close friend said that obviously one in the government had stocked up on face shields for selling. And now that government official is raking in the profits. It makes sense to me, you know. Because I only saw those face shield vendors when the government issued a requirement. It is like they were already prepared for their product.

Face shields are probably breathable for anyone, but the masks can be a challenge. I don't know where in my area you can get the shields.

In the UK we have to wear masks but not shields although I notice some shop keepers have both. We only have to wear masks in confined spaces like shops but the government is considering making us wearing them all the time outside the house. In view of the huge infection rate and death toll maybe this isn't a bad idea.

Well I will not mind wearing face masks and face shields when I go out, it's for my own safety anyway. I would only stop wearing them if there's an advisory from the government.