Coronavirus Days can be Tough

    Thread Owner : Neutral Nova
  • #1

Coronavirus is tough, you don't know who around you has it, recovers okay. And you fear for your friends and family. And there's isolation, social disconnect, social distancing, and the attitude of people around you seems to be different. It feels "weird", to say the least.

I notice a lot of people were clinging to attention in the first few months, and now it feels like everybody is even further away than usual. We're all trying to find a new normal I think. And I don't blame anybody for this, just saying that I notice it.

Don't forget, we're a community, it doesn't hurt to be part of something where you feel safe to say how you are or ask others to just talk about other topics. Or play a game together, etc.

I think it's a time to get together and enjoy some hours of 'i am not alone', versus everybody going in all directions and feeling more estranged eventually. Sometimes a hello to someone can mean the world to them.

Yes it certainly is a hard time for everyone especially those who are struggling financially because they have lost their jobs. I consider myself lucky that I am in a position where I can stay home and I am financially secure.

I haven't seen my daughter, sister and nephew since September although we speak on the phone every day. I sometimes check on my neighbour who is in his 80s as he doesn't seem to have a lot of people to take care of him. He has had his vaccination now and says he feels fine but I still keep an eye on him.

  • Like
Reactions:LBJ and Neutral Nova

Yesterday I got together with some of friends after a very long time, almost an year, and we got talking about how things have been tough on all. Almost all of my friends have had a really touch time, loss of income, health etc. with a couple of them having had to take a hard decision of selling their beloved houses just to stay afloat. Times are really hard and it is crucial that we all stay together.

LBJ

Yesterday a homeless guy offered to put away my grocery cart after I had finished putting my groceries away. Then he politely asked me if I had any spare change. I might have given him some but he wasn't wearing a mask, though he did social distance. Even beggars ought to be responsible in these times.

Shane Dunk

Shane Dunk

Valued Member
Feb 7, 2021
This new coronavirus, SARS-CoV-2, adeptly cuts the difference. It dwells in the upper respiratory tract, where it is easily sneezed or coughed onto its next victim. But in some patients, it can lodge itself deep within the lungs, where the disease can kill.