Cooking new potatoes!

    Thread Owner : nangk08
  • #1

Potatoes are universally liked and especially used in preparing yummy best loved dishes such as crisps, French fries etc. In Indian cooking, potatoes are used in a mind boggling variety of ways. And the taste of new potatoes is simply awesome. Right now, it is the the harvest time for potatoes and we are getting them in ample quantities. I like to boil them, chop them up and fry them in little oil or butter until golden brown. Then add a little salt, red chili powder, roasted cumin powder and a dash of lemon juice.

Sweerie_banana

That sounds so delicious. I love to boil mine and fry and place them inside my samosas. I love potatoes, there is no specific way I love to take them. I love fries, I love boiled

  • Like
Reactions:nangk08
    Thread Owner : nangk08
  • #3

That sounds so delicious. I love to boil mine and fry and place them inside my samosas. I love potatoes, there is no specific way I love to take them. I love fries, I love boiled
Ooh!! Samosas are my favorite too, but I don't make them very often as it takes a lot of time and oil to fry them. Potatoes are universally liked, I guess there would be hardly anyone who does not like them in one form or other.

Sweerie_banana

Ooh!! Samosas are my favorite too, but I don't make them very often as it takes a lot of time and oil to fry them. Potatoes are universally liked, I guess there would be hardly anyone who does not like them in one form or other.
I normally make my samosas a week in advance so that it's easier to cook them. I just pick them from the freezer and throw them into the hot oil. If you want samosas, you better make them in advance cause it normally takes a lot of time to prepare them.

I love mine spicy. Unfortunately, there is a child around so I don't put any chilli but when I am alone, I garnish them how I want and snack them all day long. I love them in the morning with tea or coffee.

  • Like
Reactions:nangk08
    Thread Owner : nangk08
  • #5

I normally make my samosas a week in advance so that it's easier to cook them. I just pick them from the freezer and throw them into the hot oil. If you want samosas, you better make them in advance cause it normally takes a lot of time to prepare them.

I love mine spicy. Unfortunately, there is a child around so I don't put any chilli but when I am alone, I garnish them how I want and snack them all day long. I love them in the morning with tea or coffee.
That's cool, so convenient. I guess, if we make and freeze them in large batches, we can serve them hot to guests as well. I will certainly try making this way. Do you have your own version or secret ingredient that you would care to share here? ?

I love whole potatoes slightly boiled then dipped in all purpose flour mixed with spices to a pancake mix consistency, and then deep fried.

  • Like
Reactions:nangk08
    Thread Owner : nangk08
  • #7

I love whole potatoes slightly boiled then dipped in all purpose flour mixed with spices to a pancake mix consistency, and then deep fried.
Oh my god!!! Potatoes and fried! Just too much for me to take!! Totally mouthwatering and a much better version of French fries! ? ?

  • Like
Reactions:Hova

Oh my god!!! Potatoes and fried! Just too much for me to take!! Totally mouthwatering and a much better version of French fries! ? ?
I first had them as street food before I decided to start making them myself. They are just amazing.

  • Like
Reactions:nangk08

Sweerie_banana

No dear. It is real simple. Boil the potatoes after pealing them. When they are almost dry season them with salt and black pepper if you are sure children won't eat them. After they are dry mash and add in your onions, I normally add the white and red onions. You can also opt to fry the onions and add in the potatoes, just make sure they don't burn. You can now remove from the fire and let it cool. You can now start making your dough for the crust. I normally is water and flour and salt when it's not sticky, I remove it from the basin and knead it to a smooth dough, making sure all the ingredients are Incorporated together. I then take out my pan and heat it. I roll out the dough to small balls. I normally place two balls together, with oil in between and roll them out, placing them on the pan and separating them when they are ready. When I finish all the balls I cut the Manda into two equal parts and add the fillings and seal them and you can now place them into the freezer. Don't forget to dust the iron sheet that you place them in.
That's cool, so convenient. I guess, if we make and freeze them in large batches, we can serve them hot to guests as well. I will certainly try making this way. Do you have your own version or secret ingredient that you would care to share here? ?

  • Like
Reactions:nangk08

I see some really great suggestion that I would not mind trying when I get time.

  • Like
Reactions:Sweerie_banana and nangk08