Compost fertilizer and herbal pesticide

    Thread Owner : Alexandoy
  • #1

I have switched to using organic fertilizer and herbal pesticide when my wife complaint of the strong odor of the insecticide that was used by a neighbor. My only chemical pesticide is the liquid soap that I mix with apple cider vinegar and water. For the fertilizer it is the compost that is the best. My compost pit is the source of my fertilizer.

Liquid soap? Really? I swear I learn something new every time I come here. Any liquid soap should work, right?

Sweerie_banana

I just made my compost site yesterday. I am planning to use it as fertilizer, I simply love your ideas.

Jaden_66

Jaden_66

Valued Member
Feb 8, 2021
Compost is amazing, I use commercial compost in my garden it's hella cheap and amazing for the plants. But I honestly didn't know you can use soapy water and apple cider vinegar as a natural pesticide. I lost my last patch of cherry tomatoes to some pesky snails. And I couldn't do anything because I was against inorganic pesticides. I wish I knew about the soapy water and vinegar technique.

I use soap water when I start seeing white flies on my plants. They usually go away after a single spray. But for really persistent ones, I grind up a little garlic and green chillies and mix it with water in a spray bottle and spray all over the plants. The plants are good to go for a few months and also the strong chilli-garlic odour gets rid of the pigeons for a few days.

I am hobbyist garner. I made compost. There are two benefits of making compost, one you can manage your organic waste, two you can get organic fertilizer for your plants. When you use organic fertilizer, you not only save money on fertilizer but also grow organic plants that produce organic fruits and vegetables. I use herbal pesticides like cattle urine, epsom salt, vinegar etc.