What's new

Welcome To Chatbanter

Chatbanter is a general discussion site giving you many options for discussion and a little fun, enjoy colored usernames, special userbars and an open fun community so let's chat about what matters to you right now.

Compost fertilizer and herbal pesticide

Thread Owner : Alexandoy
Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Valued Member
Aug 4, 2020
CB$
I have switched to using organic fertilizer and herbal pesticide when my wife complaint of the strong odor of the insecticide that was used by a neighbor. My only chemical pesticide is the liquid soap that I mix with apple cider vinegar and water. For the fertilizer it is the compost that is the best. My compost pit is the source of my fertilizer.

Hova

Hova

Valued Member
Jul 28, 2020
CB$
Liquid soap? Really? I swear I learn something new every time I come here. Any liquid soap should work, right?

S

Sweerie_banana

Valued Member
Jul 29, 2020
CB$
I just made my compost site yesterday. I am planning to use it as fertilizer, I simply love your ideas.

Jaden_66

Jaden_66

Valued Member
Feb 8, 2021
CB$
Compost is amazing, I use commercial compost in my garden it's hella cheap and amazing for the plants. But I honestly didn't know you can use soapy water and apple cider vinegar as a natural pesticide. I lost my last patch of cherry tomatoes to some pesky snails. And I couldn't do anything because I was against inorganic pesticides. I wish I knew about the soapy water and vinegar technique.

nangk08

nangk08

Valued Member
Jul 30, 2020
CB$
I use soap water when I start seeing white flies on my plants. They usually go away after a single spray. But for really persistent ones, I grind up a little garlic and green chillies and mix it with water in a spray bottle and spray all over the plants. The plants are good to go for a few months and also the strong chilli-garlic odour gets rid of the pigeons for a few days.

nomad

nomad

Valued Member
Dec 13, 2020
CB$
I am hobbyist garner. I made compost. There are two benefits of making compost, one you can manage your organic waste, two you can get organic fertilizer for your plants. When you use organic fertilizer, you not only save money on fertilizer but also grow organic plants that produce organic fruits and vegetables. I use herbal pesticides like cattle urine, epsom salt, vinegar etc.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.