Cloudflare use cases

    Thread Owner : Deleted member 132
  • #1

Deleted member 132

So I've seen multiple threads mentioning and including cloudflare, but none that actually advocate the use of it for a perticular reason.

I ask this as I use it, but implementated it perhaps a little hastily.

Reason 1 was the "keep alive" feature.

Reason 2 was the CDN, after my site started accepting direct image posting.

Now I've had a few issues recently with visitors being presented with 403s and 400s, not necessarily associated with cloudflare, but it has prompted me to have a tune and tidy up all round.

Looking around at use cases, I came across the below site

Makes an interesting point for me. I didn't need cloudflare for the reasons it suggests, I wanted it as an improvement.

It also means I had to modify my DNS for emails, and have to target my IP directly for FTP. There's definitely the possibility I've done it wrong and made it more difficult for myself, and that in itself strengthens the case of not bothering.

Worth noting the vast majority of my traffic comes from central Europe, with the server being based in UK.

Why did you choose cloudflare?
Why didn't you?
Is it worth me ditching it in favour of a paid CDN and making DNS simpler.

bomb

bomb

You don't need to copy a thread from TAZ!! You can read the solution from there:

If you must copy, at least change the opening sentence!! You have seen multiple threads where? Not here :-) Ohh...Google hates people who do that. This site will be penalized for plagiarism...just because of this simple mistakes :-(

    Thread Owner : Deleted member 132
  • #3

Deleted member 132

It was my own thread, which I thought members here may be able to contribute to who don't hold membership there.

I think people seeing responses like yours will be more of a detriment to this site than Google disliking a replication of content.

bomb

bomb

Ok. If you say so. It is a topic am interested in, and found it weirdly phrased. I had to look for similar threads here but found none. That is a detriment already to a member "me".

Anyway, moving forward. If CF gives you an error it means you missed a setting. I have used it seamlessly in all my website. I will never pay for a CDN. My google page speed increased upto 60% after implementing CF. With proper settings, which are sometimes tedious, it will work properly.