Climate change

Lord Saru

New Chatterer
When you hear the word 'climate change', wht comes to your mind?

I am having a mix of thoughts.

1. The intense thunderstorms that happen round the clock in lake Maracaibo in south America.

2. The fact that recently, America experienced severe cold wave due to polar vortex breakdown event.

What about you. And why?.

Alexandoy

Experienced Chatterer
I have a theory that the seasons are moving or shifting either forward or backward and the duration is also shortening or lengthening. That is the climate change in my mind. About 50 years ago, it never rained in December. In 1973, we had the first taste of rain on December 16. In 1994 there was the first rainy Christmas Day. Now a storm can even hit us not only in December but even in January.

nangk08

Experienced Chatterer
Disrupted cycle of monsoon rains in India is what comes to my mind first when I think about climate change. We used to have very regular cycle of rains which began in the month of June and ended in September with one or two summer showers in the first week of May. Now, since last 3-4 years, we keep having heavy rains in October and November as well, and this year, it even rained in February and March.

fantanoice

New Chatterer
- The intense bushfires Australia had in January which have been replicated in West Coast USA this fire season.

- The Australian Government who are owned by mining corporations

- The idiots that voted in the current government

- How we're all going to die in 12 years and nobody seems to care

nangk08

Experienced Chatterer
Since yesterday afternoon and the whole night, it has been raining very heavily in my country. In my city too, many areas are flooded, people's homes flooded, so many vehicles washed away due to the heavy rains. These rains are untimely and have become a regular feature for the last few years. When are people going to wake up?

Anuj Dhawan

New Chatterer
Climate change is global phenomenon and affects everyone now, I believe. India's average temperature has already increased by around 0.7 degree Celsius during the 1901–2018 period due to greenhouse gas emissions. End of 2100 it is expected to rise by approximately 4.4 degree Celsius! In fact, we are witnessing rain disturbances in our city too - it never rained in October and it's a flood like condition.

Top