What's new

Welcome To Chatbanter

Chatbanter is a general discussion site giving you many options for discussion and a little fun, enjoy colored usernames, special userbars and an open fun community so let's chat about what matters to you right now.

ChatBanter Night Live

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Thread Owner : 2020s

2020s

Let’s have a live chat session. I mentioned this before, but no reply.

PGen98

PGen98

Community Leader
Community Advocate
Valued Member
Jun 27, 2020
CB$
I'm still weary of any sort of chat functionality on a forum dedicated to...well...chat. It seems counter-intuitive and often leads to people focusing on said chat rather than posting, drawing activity away from the forums. If it was like a once a week for an hour type of deal, like what "Chat Night" implies, then maybe that could work, but if it's a continual chat, it's just counter-productive.

Reactions:LEO10 and Brad P
Brad P

Brad P

Valued Member
I'm still weary of any sort of chat functionality on a forum dedicated to...well...chat. It seems counter-intuitive and often leads to people focusing on said chat rather than posting, drawing activity away from the forums. If it was like a once a week for an hour type of deal, like what "Chat Night" implies, then maybe that could work, but if it's a continual chat, it's just counter-productive.
I agree, maybe as @2020s is saying we could open a chat room up for like 1 day. I've already got the addd-on to allow chatting but I agree I don't think its worth having on all the time.

@2020s if you want to take some sort of control of setting up a chat banter night then let me know some sort of structure on a pm to me and @Spikey

2020s

Okay thank you for your responses. Yes, its a chat night for one day - chat duration: 1-2 hours.

2020s

Sent a private message to @Brad P & @Spikey
Waiting for their reply. Peace 1

Zakalwe

Zakalwe

Valued Member
Jun 28, 2020
strategygaming.net
CB$
I've had a chatbox on a general forum before. It reset every 24 hours. It kept spam off the forums and didn't detract from content. That reset prevented people from putting anything but 'chat' in it.

2020s

This talk show is only for an hour or two tho..

2020s

True but this is a creative idea.
Hey if this idea gets approved
Wanna be a co-host? @Zakalwe

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.