Welcome to Chatbanter.

Forumregister.com

Can science and religion coexist?

Excommunicado

Location
United Kingdom
Website
discussionhub.net
It can be argued that the principles of religion contradict the principles of science. According to science, the world was created by a big bang, whereas most if not all religions believe that God created the world. Surely the two beliefs cannot coexist, or can they?

I don't believe they can. It's either one or the other. You can't believe in God and the big bang theory, in my opinion.

It can be argued that the principles of religion contradict the principles of science. According to science, the world was created by a big bang, whereas most if not all religions believe that God created the world. Surely the two beliefs cannot coexist, or can they?

I don't believe they can. It's either one or the other. You can't believe in God and the big bang theory, in my opinion.
You're not far from the truth

Actually, the laws the Ancient Israel provided for the healthy well-being of people, obeying scientific things not yet understand at that time.

I will abide with the religion story. Because there is evidence to proof that religion story are the best. For example the story of pharoh inside the Bible, we can still find that his body never decayed, as preached by the holy Bible. But for science, most of there story were manipulated to go inline with the looks of the world.

Not all religions view science as something that contradicts their beliefs. In fact, there are religions that celebrate science and acknowledge the contributions of science. However, science tends to exclude any and all religions.

Not Hindu religion, our ancient scriptures have plenty of passages that just reiterate scientific concepts and principles as we know them now. Ancient medicinal practice of Ayurveda was written thousands of years and it is still being practiced widely even today.

Not Hindu religion, our ancient scriptures have plenty of passages that just reiterate scientific concepts and principles as we know them now. Ancient medicinal practice of Ayurveda was written thousands of years and it is still being practiced widely even today.

And Druidry, which is what I follow, also has used many of the same earth-based remedies for centuries, many of which science is now confirming as effective.

I do believe that the Lord created the world and it didn't just sprout out of nowhere like what the Big Bang theory would suggest. I am a Roman Catholic so that's what I believe in.

And Druidry, which is what I follow, also has used many of the same earth-based remedies for centuries, many of which science is now confirming as effective.
I have heard about druids and the mystery associated with druidry, stone circles used to observe astronomical events such as the Stonehenge etc. but do not really know much beyond that. Could you please share a little more about it?

I have heard about druids and the mystery associated with druidry, stone circles used to observe astronomical events such as the Stonehenge etc. but do not really know much beyond that. Could you please share a little more about it?
That's probably best left to it's own thread, or private messages. I don't want to hijack this thread. Feel free to send me a message if you'd like.

Sign Up

Register now
Existing user? Sign In

If you have an account, please log in