Welcome To Our Community!

Chatbanter is a general discussion site giving you many options for discussion and a little fun, enjoy colored usernames, special userbars and an open fun community so let's chat about what matters to you right now.

Bought an air fryer

Thread Owner : sprite1950
sprite1950

sprite1950

Valued Member
Jan 3, 2021
CB$
My sister has been raving about how much she loves hers so I thought I would buy one and apart from the fact the one I have is a bit small it really is a good buy. It cooks in half the time it would in the oven and is so easy to clean. Has anyone else got one here?

Reactions:preacherbob
preacherbob

preacherbob

Valued Member
Jan 25, 2021
CB$
My sister has been raving about how much she loves hers so I thought I would buy one and apart from the fact the one I have is a bit small it really is a good buy. It cooks in half the time it would in the oven and is so easy to clean. Has anyone else got one here?
Like yourself, we purchased a small, inexpensive one but we’ve had ours for about a year or so. My wife isn’t really too enthusiastic about it simply because it IS so small.

That said, I use it for pre-breads such as chicken fingers, fish and so on and it does a pretty good job but the one thing I particularly like it for is when I have a taste for Italian Hot sausage.
Yeah, I know as a bodybuilder I’m not supposed to be eating processed foods but hot Italian sausage is one of my downfalls.

What I really like to do with the sausage links is to let them cook for a bit longer than just done. I mean, have you ever taken a sausage and put it on a stick and roasted it over an open fire until the skin got a tad burned, black and crispy? THAT’s the effect I get from adding an extra minute or two on the air fryer.
The flavors and juices are sealed in by the nice, crispy exterior and give the sausages that much more to love.

Jeezzzz.....I think I’m a bit hungry now and I do believe I have just one sausage left in the fridge!

Reactions:sprite1950
sprite1950

sprite1950

Valued Member
Jan 3, 2021
CB$
Like yourself, we purchased a small, inexpensive one but we’ve had ours for about a year or so. My wife isn’t really too enthusiastic about it simply because it IS so small.

That said, I use it for pre-breads such as chicken fingers, fish and so on and it does a pretty good job but the one thing I particularly like it for is when I have a taste for Italian Hot sausage.
Yeah, I know as a bodybuilder I’m not supposed to be eating processed foods but hot Italian sausage is one of my downfalls.

What I really like to do with the sausage links is to let them cook for a bit longer than just done. I mean, have you ever taken a sausage and put it on a stick and roasted it over an open fire until the skin got a tad burned, black and crispy? THAT’s the effect I get from adding an extra minute or two on the air fryer.
The flavors and juices are sealed in by the nice, crispy exterior and give the sausages that much more to love.

Jeezzzz.....I think I’m a bit hungry now and I do believe I have just one sausage left in the fridge!
I have been experimenting with mine and yesterday I cooked some mini pizzas with garlic bread in there which came out perfectly. I had to do the bread separately to the pizza as it is so small but it only takes half the time an oven would so not a problem. It also makes great toasted sandwiches. The only problem I find is I keep burning myself on it.

@PGen98 - I love scotch eggs so I will definitely try these out. Thanks for the tip.

Reactions:PGen98 and preacherbob
Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Valued Member
Aug 4, 2020
CB$
I have 2 friends who posted in Facebook about their air fryer. It is popular now that I am getting interested. Is it an oven or a substitute for an oven or is it a good substitute for a frying pan. Please enlighten me because my issue in cooking is the non-stick pan. I have bought more than 7 already but until now I am still in search of a real non-stick pan. All that I bought are sticking after some months of use.

nomad

nomad

Valued Member
Dec 13, 2020
CB$
I have 2 friends who posted in Facebook about their air fryer. It is popular now that I am getting interested. Is it an oven or a substitute for an oven or is it a good substitute for a frying pan. Please enlighten me because my issue in cooking is the non-stick pan. I have bought more than 7 already but until now I am still in search of a real non-stick pan. All that I bought are sticking after some months of use.
Just like you I also don't know much about the air fryer. I have been thinking about buying but have been dilly-dallying for a long time. The name tells me that it cooks your food through air (hot air of course), the functionality might be little different from an oven, I guess. I have been taking interest in this thing because I see on ads that you can fry without using too many oils or butter.

sprite1950

sprite1950

Valued Member
Jan 3, 2021
CB$
Just like you I also don't know much about the air fryer. I have been thinking about buying but have been dilly-dallying for a long time. The name tells me that it cooks your food through air (hot air of course), the functionality might be little different from an oven, I guess. I have been taking interest in this thing because I see on ads that you can fry without using too many oils or butter.
Yes it's so much quicker than an oven because it heats to the required temperature immediately. I don't normally use any extra oil but you can if you think it might turn out to be a little dry. It's great for breaded food like fish fingers or chicken nuggets and sausages take no time at all. I wish I had bought a bigger one though as the cooking space is a little small in mine and I burn myself sometimes.

nomad

nomad

Valued Member
Dec 13, 2020
CB$
Yes it's so much quicker than an oven because it heats to the required temperature immediately. I don't normally use any extra oil but you can if you think it might turn out to be a little dry. It's great for breaded food like fish fingers or chicken nuggets and sausages take no time at all. I wish I had bought a bigger one though as the cooking space is a little small in mine and I burn myself sometimes.
I like fried foods, however, I also hate to use a lot of oils to fry food. When I heard that an air fryer can fry foods without oil, I was kind of fascinated. Every month when I make a list of items that I will buy when I get my next salary, I always include an air fryer. However, when I receive a salary, I pay for more important items, and the air fryer is always cut off.

sprite1950

sprite1950

Valued Member
Jan 3, 2021
CB$
I'm getting quite adventurous with mine. It really is healthier and it's so quick to heat up so you don't use as much electricity as you would with a normal oven. Mine was not an expensive one, they do vary in price quite a lot. I wish I had bought a bigger one but I'm very pleased with it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.