Beef porridge for more energy

    Thread Owner : Alexandoy
  • #1

This beef porridge is an all-time favorite in our family. Porridge is the so called poor man's meal but in our home it is a special food that we cook only on occasions.

The ingredients are beef of any part but we prefer that beef with bones. Use the pressure cooker to tenderize the beef. Sautee sliced onions, crushed garlic and ginger strips in fish sauce. Add the stock of beef to the pan and add the rice and let it boil until the rice is cooked. Mix the sauteed rice to the beef with the stock. It is best to eat with fried garlic as slight topping to give it more flavor. The beef porridge is a complete meal that is a good source of protein and carbohydrate.

Brad P

Brad P

Valued Member
This beef porridge is an all-time favorite in our family. Porridge is the so called poor man's meal but in our home it is a special food that we cook only on occasions.

The ingredients are beef of any part but we prefer that beef with bones. Use the pressure cooker to tenderize the beef. Sautee sliced onions, crushed garlic and ginger strips in fish sauce. Add the stock of beef to the pan and add the rice and let it boil until the rice is cooked. Mix the sauteed rice to the beef with the stock. It is best to eat with fried garlic as slight topping to give it more flavor. The beef porridge is a complete meal that is a good source of protein and carbohydrate.
Is this the same as Beef stew but without the rice? i would have mash potato.

Beef can be replaced with pork if you're on a budget, but of course it would be more tasty if you would use beef.