Are you going to get a PS5 or the new Xbox?

DudeThatsErin

New Chatterer
I am planning to get both during their lifetimes. The last PlayStation I owned was the PS2 so it will be a huge upgrade. I have the Xbox one but I'm giving it to my sister as she plays it more than I do.

What about you?

PGen98

Experienced Chatterer
As a collector I will inevitably end up picking up both, though neither will be in the early stages of the consoles' life cycles. Likely Xbox first, then PS5, I like to wait for the libraries to build up and the consoles to get their bugs worked out.

Shortie

New Chatterer
I went for the All Access that Microsoft was offering and got myself an Xbox One X which I will then take back and swap for a Series X. I was always a huge Xbox fan for years and even though I have tried and tried to play on Playstation, I always end up back with Xbox.

Spikey

Experienced Chatterer
I'm more a Playstation fan than Xbox. I have the PS4. If I do get the PS5 it won't be right away I will wait awhile as my PS4 still works fine. The PS5 does look pretty cool!

Paladin

Loyalist
I'd get the PS5, but I'd also wait on it until the price went down. I personally don't see the point in purchasing it when the hype is astronomical and the price is staggering, so I'll wait at least 2-3 months until the price subsides to consider buying it.

bomb

Experienced Chatterer
They both seems to be over-priced! I will stick to what i have now. It works for me very well. :)

Zakalwe

New Chatterer
Always had playstations and never owed Xbox. There’s some interesting titles coming out in the series X which might turn my head though.
Thing is I’m a PC gamer at heart.

Dubbed

New Chatterer
I'm actually considering buying a PS4. The graphics are superior and some games well worth a play. Heavy rain was great.

I'll think about an upgrade when the people I play with do. Unless the games are cross platform there's little point really.

Brad P

Administrators
I used to love getting the latest console and always enjoying having both PlayStation and xbox but as ive got older these new consoles don't exactly excite me now. I'll hold out and wait to see what feedback they both get and make a decision on what one to go for... if I do

Dubbed

New Chatterer
I used to love getting the latest console and always enjoying having both PlayStation and xbox but as ive got older these new consoles don't exactly excite me now. I'll hold out and wait to see what feedback they both get and make a decision on what one to go for... if I do

I've felt like that with the gaming market over the last year or so, nothing feels innovative right now.

apathy

how'd i get to be so good?
I used to love getting the latest console and always enjoying having both PlayStation and xbox but as ive got older these new consoles don't exactly excite me now. I'll hold out and wait to see what feedback they both get and make a decision on what one to go for... if I do
Yeah the biggest thing that gaming has going for it atm is ray-tracing which tbh I really haven't noticed too well in any of the vids I've watched. I like the idea of better reflections in mirrors because it means for a stealth game for example you might be able to see the reflection of an enemy waiting to ambush you behind a door. A nice touch, sure, but really nothing mind-blowing and that kind of thing you'd only encounter every now and then.

At this point the main selling point of a console is convenience, for the pricepoint and a bit of careful planning you could get yourself a kickass Ryzen rig that can be used for way more than just games/streaming videos. With a lot of Sony's exclusives trickling onto Steam recently too it just gives someone like me less incentive to get one.

Aveli

New Chatterer
I think I will just stick to pc. It feels like they are coming up with new consoles everyday and I don't have that kind of money to spend.

LEADTECH

New Chatterer
I probably gonna get PS5. But right now i just got a new PS4 maybe i will get one in a few years.

Noah

New Chatterer
I prefer PlayStation since it has has amazing exclusives where Xbox doesn't. I have a good gaming pc and it can run Xbox games too so why would i prefer XBox ?

Top