Welcome To Our Community!

Chatbanter is a general discussion site giving you many options for discussion and a little fun, enjoy colored usernames, special userbars and an open fun community so let's chat about what matters to you right now.

Are sports returning too soon?

Thread Owner : ARx182
ARx182

ARx182

Valued Member
Jun 20, 2020
CB$
The lockdown seems to have eased everywhere, almost as if COVID-19 no longer exists. Sports are slowly returning - football (aka, soccer) has well and truly returned. Cricket will be returning in a few weeks too and the UFC/WWE never stopped.

In your opinion, are sports returning too soon or are they essential to lift peoples' morale (boredom)? Is it even safe? Discuss.

Attachments

• PremierLeagueBallDisinfected.jpg
    PremierLeagueBallDisinfected.jpg
    141 KB · Views: 87
W

Womble

Valued Member
Jun 20, 2020
CB$
Tough call! We need to get some sports up and running (and although I am not a fan, Liverpool need to get the title won, it would be so unjust if not!) and they seem to all be done safely without spectators, so I would say, go for it. And it gives us non-Sky people a chance to watch on BBC!

Reactions:Shanoderossi
J

Jayson

Valued Member
Jun 20, 2020
CB$
Yeah, it's a drag, but simply put, stadiums are disease super-conductors. Well, anyway, it seems like they could make the same money just showing sports on video.

Reactions:Shanoderossi
W

Womble

Valued Member
Jun 20, 2020
CB$
stadiums are disease super-conductors

When full of people maybe, but they're not. I would say it is safer than going down to your local shop and touching all kinds of things other people have.

Reactions:Brad P
Brad P

Brad P

Valued Member
When full of people maybe, but they're not. I would say it is safer than going down to your local shop and touching all kinds of things other people have.
Completely agree the pubs will be the issue and i won't be surprised if we get a spike in R numbers from clubs and pubs opening up.

Abizaga

Abizaga

Valued Member
Jun 21, 2020
CB$
Yeah I think they are probably coming back a little too fast. First big game will pribably become a giant pitri dish.

Abizaga

Abizaga

Valued Member
Jun 21, 2020
CB$
Well hopefully enough people are smart enough not to go that they do it without an immediate audience.

Abizaga

Abizaga

Valued Member
Jun 21, 2020
CB$
Well there will be the people watching at home :p

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.