Are sports returning too soon?

    Thread Owner : ARx182
  • #1
ARx182

The lockdown seems to have eased everywhere, almost as if COVID-19 no longer exists. Sports are slowly returning - football (aka, soccer) has well and truly returned. Cricket will be returning in a few weeks too and the UFC/WWE never stopped.

In your opinion, are sports returning too soon or are they essential to lift peoples' morale (boredom)? Is it even safe? Discuss.

Attachments

  • PremierLeagueBallDisinfected.jpg
    PremierLeagueBallDisinfected.jpg
    141 KB · Views: 87

Womble

Tough call! We need to get some sports up and running (and although I am not a fan, Liverpool need to get the title won, it would be so unjust if not!) and they seem to all be done safely without spectators, so I would say, go for it. And it gives us non-Sky people a chance to watch on BBC!

  • Like
Reactions:Shanoderossi

Yeah, it's a drag, but simply put, stadiums are disease super-conductors. Well, anyway, it seems like they could make the same money just showing sports on video.

  • Like
Reactions:Shanoderossi

Womble

stadiums are disease super-conductors

When full of people maybe, but they're not. I would say it is safer than going down to your local shop and touching all kinds of things other people have.

  • Like
Reactions:Brad P
Brad P

Brad P

Valued Member
When full of people maybe, but they're not. I would say it is safer than going down to your local shop and touching all kinds of things other people have.
Completely agree the pubs will be the issue and i won't be surprised if we get a spike in R numbers from clubs and pubs opening up.

Abizaga

Abizaga

Yeah I think they are probably coming back a little too fast. First big game will pribably become a giant pitri dish.

Abizaga

Abizaga

Well hopefully enough people are smart enough not to go that they do it without an immediate audience.

Abizaga

Abizaga

Well there will be the people watching at home :p