Welcome to Chatbanter.

Forumregister.com

Anyone loves Photoshop?

Photoshop is basically a scam at this point. It was already absurdly expensive and then they moved to this subscription model. It's like they want people to pirate.

It would be one thing if you could buy a month and cancel but the fine print is 'a monthly subscription is a year long subscription that you pay monthly'. I know too many people who have been burnt by it.

I've been looking into alternate software. Affinity have powerful Design / Illustration apps that aren't free but significantly cheaper. And it's buy once, keep forever.

I have an old version of Photoshop in my desktop and I think that has no more license needed. But I can still use it once in a while although for minor retouching of photos like adjusting the brightness or the color. I am not good with the software's advanced functions and I do not learn most of it because there is not much use for me.

I have an old version of Photoshop in my desktop and I think that has no more license needed. But I can still use it once in a while although for minor retouching of photos like adjusting the brightness or the color. I am not good with the software's advanced functions and I do not learn most of it because there is not much use for me.
Yeah everything CS6 and earlier was pay-once, keep forever. Which is good if you were able to afford it at the time - but even then it was very expensive. Was it really worth the hundreds of bucks for an occasional photo touch up. Would you say it worth hundreds of bucks yearly for an occasional touch up.

CS2 is technically free now because the servers that would check the license have shut down. But Adobe did a lot to hide that.

I don’t mind paying for a year at all.
That's great for you but that doesn't excuse them. It's still gatekeepy and anti-consumer.

Yes, i love photoshop this is the only app i use when i'm making logo's and websites.

I love photoshop because I dont know of any other softwares thy does things as efficiently as what Photoshop can do.

Here are a few downsides that I noted:
1. No mobile friendly version. So its a pain if you want to do things quick, easy and on the go.
2. Too many functions, which makes it bulky and difficult to learn.

I tried to learn it plenty as a teen but coming from GIMP the workflow was too much of an adjustment. Even today I still use GIMP, though it's rare I ever need to use it.

Sign Up

Register now
Existing user? Sign In

If you have an account, please log in