Naiwen

    Thread Owner : Naiwen
  • #1
I’ve had kleptomania before in life and have used to take things without paying out the store without being conscious about what I’ve been doing at that time. Although, with proper medication and therapy, I’ve not had it for 4-5 years currently in life.

  • Like
Reactions:Nocturnal Thinker

So glad to know that you have had proper treatment for this condition, do take care and keep yourself safe. Have you tried meditation? It works wonders for a number of such conditions and keeps mind and body healthy. I have personally not experienced this, but I can imagine how stressing it must be.

Naiwen

Naiwen

    Thread Owner : Naiwen
  • #3
So glad to know that you have had proper treatment for this condition, do take care and keep yourself safe. Have you tried meditation? It works wonders for a number of such conditions and keeps mind and body healthy. I have personally not experienced this, but I can imagine how stressing it must be.
I’ve tried it yes and it has worked for me personally along with yoga.

  • Like
Reactions:nangk08

I’ve had kleptomania before in life and have used to take things without paying out the store without being conscious about what I’ve been doing at that time. Although, with proper medication and therapy, I’ve not had it for 4-5 years currently in life.
Taking things without permission is a form of stealing and the person is doing that has the valid reason why gets those things. Some of the reasons may be due to poverty, due to ambitious attitude or due to carelessness and forgetfulness of the person who has left his personal belongings.

But in your case is a disease. It's too personal if you tell us the very root cause why are you doing that, isn't it? Imagine you are living it for a period of 4 to 5 years.

What kind of medication you take? Is it to calm yourself of craving things? Is it to make you conscious of what you are doing is wrong?

Naiwen

Naiwen

    Thread Owner : Naiwen
  • #5
Taking things without permission is a form of stealing and the person is doing that has the valid reason why gets those things. Some of the reasons may be due to poverty, due to ambitious attitude or due to carelessness and forgetfulness of the person who has left his personal belongings.

But in your case is a disease. It's too personal if you tell us the very root cause why are you doing that, isn't it? Imagine you are living it for a period of 4 to 5 years.

What kind of medication you take? Is it to calm yourself of craving things? Is it to make you conscious of what you are doing is wrong?
The very root cause to my stealing is poverty and I just whatever medication my psychiatrist gives me, I’ve no idea what I’m taking and what it’s for, but it seems to be working for me personally anyways. Course, when you are a kleptomaniac, you are aware about what you’re doing at all at that time anyways for me personally.

  • Like
Reactions:Nocturnal Thinker

The very root cause to my stealing is poverty and I just whatever medication my psychiatrist gives me, I’ve no idea what I’m taking and what it’s for, but it seems to be working for me personally anyways. Course, when you are a kleptomaniac, you are aware about what you’re doing at all at that time anyways for me personally.
Well, I'm very to know it. You were indulged in that kind vice or disease due to poverty which has made your life, I suppose desperate and miserable. This is only my assessment of your dismal plight in life. Nothing personal or to belittle you. In fact, it has been already resolved. Hasn't it?

I'm happy for it that it has been remedied and of course thought your willingness and cooperation to have this put into it's good if not best solution to your standing or status in society.

Does it not recur or Has come to your mind to be tempted to steal again?

Naiwen

Naiwen

    Thread Owner : Naiwen
  • #7
Well, I'm very to know it. You were indulged in that kind vice or disease due to poverty which has made your life, I suppose desperate and miserable. This is only my assessment of your dismal plight in life. Nothing personal or to belittle you. In fact, it has been already resolved. Hasn't it?

I'm happy for it that it has been remedied and of course thought your willingness and cooperation to have this put into it's good if not best solution to your standing or status in society.

Does it not recur or Has come to your mind to be tempted to steal again?
Stop it now questioning me please. Thread locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.