Reactions:Alexander

Ads are pretty much "gone the way of the dodo". In that case, a site owner should seek out other ways to make money. Well, they can use Patreon, classifieds - there's actually plenty of creative options.

    Thread Owner : Alexander
  • #4
Alexander

I use Adblocker Plus its similar but has more features then regular one.

Sounds interesting. What additional features does it have? If I decided to switch my current Adblock, how much will I have to pay for the plus? Thank you for your help in advance.

Zakalwe

Zakalwe

strategygaming.net
I use Opera which has this built in as default. Many sites note you have it installed and halt your continued viewing unless you remove the ad-block. I find the best way to tackle this is using the small X in the top right corner.

Require

Sounds interesting. What additional features does it have? If I decided to switch my current Adblock, how much will I have to pay for the plus? Thank you for your help in advance.
its free on chrome you filter websites block not block etc They run on donations it can be on chrome extensions search Adblocker Plus

Ash

Ash

I don't use one. With most of the sites that I use, I don't mind seeing the ads especially on smaller sites where it can support the site owner. I don't use sites that overload us with ads so it usually isn't that much of a problem.

The comments on this thread confirm the overall conjecture that "people don't want to look at ads". As I was saying, people need other ways to make money on websites - cause you can't reinvent the wheel.