Acid reflux caused by stress

    Thread Owner : Alexandoy
  • #1

Too much stress can make the acid in the stomach active that excessive stress can cause acid reflux - the stomach acid rises to the throat. Some would throw up and that would clear the stomach of the acid temporarily. But usually the acid remains in the throat that makes it difficult to breath. When acid reflux occurs overnight the person would have muscle pains.

Floydy

I've had this before but mainly following eating or drinking something cirrus-y. I do know people who have had it through stress-related issues and they generally take anti-acid tablets which seem to do the trick.

People do not realize, however, stress can cause a lot of things including but not limited to diabetes, heart diseases, stroke, gastritis, heart burn, acid reflux, etc. Stress is actually a gateway to a lot of diseases, mental as well as physical. Interestingly, managing stress is very simple.

Floydy

The best method is to analyse what puts one in a stressful situation in the first place, then try to eradicate the problem if possible.