A sports game you enjoy?

    Thread Owner : Brad P
  • #1
Brad P

Valued Member
What's a classic sports game you enjoy? These days, sports games are yearly releases with really no substance. It's the same junk year in and year out.

But, there are good sports games out there. Stuff like Looney Tunes BBall, NBA jam, NFL 2k series and so on. What is a sports game you enjoy?

I would also add Ice Hockey for the NES, as I had so much fun playing that game with my family back in the day.

I play the yearly FIFA and NHL releases, and they're getting more and more repetitive and lackluster with every release...

The good ones that I still go back to are NHL Hitz 20-03, NHL All Star Hockey '98, Nagano '98, NBA Jam, Road Rash, and a some of the random NES titles like Ice Hockey and the robot baseball game I've completely forgotten the name of...

I play the yearly FIFA and NHL releases, and they're getting more and more repetitive and lackluster with every release...

The good ones that I still go back to are NHL Hitz 20-03, NHL All Star Hockey '98, Nagano '98, NBA Jam, Road Rash, and a some of the random NES titles like Ice Hockey and the robot baseball game I've completely forgotten the name of...

That's interesting - cause they all seem the same! Well, I suppose they have differences active users would notice.

That's interesting - cause they all seem the same! Well, I suppose they have differences active users would notice.
The differences are getting more and more minimal with each release, at least it feels that way. I keep buying them to play with friends, but now that the focus has shifted from gameplay and actual innovation to making you spend as much money as possible on HUT/FUT, the innovation has just taken a nosedive. In the past few years the only decent part was The Journey, which appeared in FIFA 18 and 19 and then they took it away in 20 to replace it with a terrible FIFA Street story mode tie-in thing. So while I'm sure there are differences within the HUT/FUT modes that keeps people playing, I don't use those modes and as a result the experience is just the same over and over again.

Ash

Ash

In terms of sports games, I only really play FIFA and honestly, if you a.sked the players whether they enjoy the game, you would get a mixed reaction. But here we are, always buying it and playing it :ROFLMAO:. We would love to see another FIFA competitor, PES just isn't good enough

  • Like
Reactions:PGen98

I did play billiards on a mobile phone in the past, I liked it. I didn't have much luck when playing golf though on a mobile phone, I seem to always lose there.

Duks

I like FIFA, even though I haven't played it in a long time. For some reason, I don't usually get too rusty despite not playing it for long periods of time.