A Right-Wing Argument Against Environmentalism

Jayson

Experienced Chatterer
I see this joke on social media a lot. Basically, it's showing how all the jet planes those rich liberals ride in make more pollution than some common person could make in their whole life! :D

Spikey

Experienced Chatterer
I wouldn't know this joke because I'm not on social media lol but that's pretty funny.

nangk08

Experienced Chatterer
However, honestly, I don't like harming the environment and recycle plastics whenever possible, even if no money is given.
I agree, we don't have to just give money to save environment. We just have to use less, recycle and reuse more and more, save water consciously. And obviously, plant trees whenever and wherever we can.

ZandraJoi

New Chatterer
I don't care for those who 'greenwash'. The ones who jump on that bandwagon 'cos they think people want it, not that they actually believe in it.

Alexandoy

Experienced Chatterer
I see this joke on social media a lot. Basically, it's showing how all the jet planes those rich liberals ride in make more pollution than some common person could make in their whole life! :D

I have read that pollution caused by jet planes and it is not a joke, I guess. The avgas is dirty when it comes to the exhaust. But I am not going to argue about the details because I am not a scientist or ecologist. That is also my take on the vehicles that we are using now. They are the most contributors to air pollution. Unfortunately we cannot stop using gasoline and diesel for the cars, trucks, buses and other vehicles on the road. We are stuck in this situation for now.

nangk08

Experienced Chatterer
While on this topic, what do you all think about Greta Thunberg and her famous 'how dare you' ! People seem to be very much impressed by this girl but somehow, I think she is a fraud. What is your opinion?

ZandraJoi

New Chatterer
While on this topic, what do you all think about Greta Thunberg and her famous 'how dare you' ! People seem to be very much impressed by this girl but somehow, I think she is a fraud. What is your opinion?
I like her. To me, even if she is a fraud & a 'puppet', she's getting people talking & thinking outside the proverbial box, to question things.

nangk08

Experienced Chatterer
I like her. To me, even if she is a fraud & a 'puppet', she's getting people talking & thinking outside the proverbial box, to question things.
I respect your opinion, but the fact is that she has come on as a terribly rude and obnoxious person. She asked questions like 'how dare you?' and so on...and she got some people thinking. However, it is not that most people were not at all thinking or doing anything about environment. There are millions of people who are quietly doing what needs to be done. She too could have joined, done her bit herself and then talked. All she did was make rude comments and got children to sit outside school! That is my personal opinion.

Nocturnal Thinker

Experienced Chatterer
Talking of pollutants to the environment, there are so many and passing the blame won't work for everyone is responsible for his own environment.

Now the point is which among the pollution affects much the environment. Not so much with noise pollution for there are times that it is controlled or stopped.

Now we will go to air pollution which is attributable to open burning, factories and the like. To single out the discussion, can an aviation gas exhausting from jetliners may greatly affect the air? May be or may be not. I don't know how much smoke does these aircrafts exude on the air. We can see on the air they leave a thick contrails.

nangk08

Experienced Chatterer
Along with air pollution, water pollution is also crucial and is becoming dangerous day by day. Water is being polluted by chemicals, plastics., glass etc. and we can take some measures to reduce it as everything that we use and discard in our homes somehow find their way back to the oceans. So personally, at my level, I have stopped using commercially produced chemical cleaners and soaps. I use only natural,organic products sourced and made locally. This way I can ensure that very little or no chemicals are released from the drain of my home. I also segregate plastic and glass meticulously and give it to recyclers. I know it is not enough but at least I know I am trying.

ZandraJoi

New Chatterer
Too much litter from the virus & people not being actual Human Beings. People not caring for their own bodies so they don't care for each other or the environment. I too use organic products or make my own. If we all do our part, we can go far. Best is to Rethink & Reduce so we don't have to Recycle.

nangk08

Experienced Chatterer
Too much litter from the virus & people not being actual Human Beings. People not caring for their own bodies so they don't care for each other or the environment. I too use organic products or make my own. If we all do our part, we can go far. Best is to Rethink & Reduce so we don't have to Recycle.
I agree that there is too much litter being generated due to this epidemic. Two days ago, I went for a walk on a nearby hill after about a month or so, and already I saw many masks being thrown around :mad: It really annoyed me greatly, we are dealing with the epidemic created due to human negligence and still people won't learn from it at all.

ZandraJoi

New Chatterer
I agree that there is too much litter being generated due to this epidemic. Two days ago, I went for a walk on a nearby hill after about a month or so, and already I saw many masks being thrown around :mad: It really annoyed me greatly, we are dealing with the epidemic created due to human negligence and still people won't learn from it at all.
I definitely hear you! I get so fed up. I push myself to be even more eco. Can't make up for their selfishness but I can feel like I have some control. I posted some of this in my forum as well to make people aware of the 'other side' to this virus.

Top