A beautiful butterfly that never flies

    Thread Owner : Nocturnal Thinker
  • #1

When I was in grade one sometime in 1960, I was fond of drawing for I was influenced by my elder brother Jaime who is good in pencil drawing and enamel painting.

I remember I drew a gecko in a my grade one piece of lined writing paper. I visualized how a lizzard looks like with a big bulging eyes as I had seen in the movie, Ang Tuko sa Madre Cacao (A Gekko in Madre Cacao tree).

WaterMark 2020 11 05 20 25 21

Now I had noticed from my 5-year old granddaughter Sophie. She had a talent on how to color a butterfly and she knew how to do using a bright colors and to balance them.

For a 5-year-old, your ganddaughter has a really good and steady hand. Not all kids her age can fill in colours so nicely and evenly inside the lines. She has real talent, do encourage her to keep drawing and colouring.

    Thread Owner : Nocturnal Thinker
  • #3

For a 5-year-old, your ganddaughter has a really good and steady hand. Not all kids her age can fill in colours so nicely and evenly inside the lines. She has real talent, do encourage her to keep drawing and colouring.
Yes I was amazed for she knows how to control her stroke in coloring the butterfly outline. I know probably she has the common sense to do her coloring work look good and neat.

There's a day that I bought her a water color in tube. I gave it to her. I didn't give her instructions on what to do. She did experiment it. She had a good tendency in matching colors for the leaves, for the flowers, for the water, among others.

Tomorrow I will write how she drew herself while I was working with my cellphone. She drew it on the house gate using a chalk.

  • Like
Reactions:nangk08