$16,000, that is how much the website was sold today!

bomb

bomb

How much is your website worth? This one was sold today at $16,000!
LaptopeExploerer sold

Paladin

Paladin

Cyberspace
chatbanter.com
"Made a net profit of $577.73"
Sold for 16,000
:unsure:

I'm not an economist - but that doesn't seem like a very cost-effective bid for the buyer.

  • Like
Reactions:bomb and Brad P
Paladin

Paladin

Cyberspace
chatbanter.com
Question is how would you know how much the website is worth? is there a website that can check the information?
Funny you should ask.
I just googled this myself and it turns out a website exists for this exact purpose.
I can't vouch for its legitimacy, though.

bomb

bomb

Question is how would you know how much the website is worth? is there a website that can check the information?
Yes, there are many websites that can check for this but they are all estimates. In order to know the real worth, you need to do the math yourself. You need to use the google analytics traffic and the search console demographic information to deduce the worth.
Some websites for checking the worth include:
  • estibot.com - this one is more accurate. But is a premium service, with 2 free searches per day.
  • cutestat.com -free. Gives optimistic estimates.
  • mywebsiteworthchecker.com - Its estimates are close to estibots, they are better.
  • uk.goddady.co.uk/domain-value-appraisal - I find this one overly ambitious.
The above use traffic signals to estimate. But to get the real worth, you may need the check and balances.

bomb

bomb

hmmm thats pretty cool.
So after 3 months the site is showing good signs.
View attachment 169
This one falls in the overly optimistic estimates. I suggest you use estibot.com They are just estimates. The real value will depend on a lot more offline factors.

But still chatbanter has very many good signals:

✅ Short URL - less than 15 characters
✅ Easy to remember
✅ Two dictionary words
✅ Decent traffic
✅ Appealing landing page.
✅ Decent amount of content.

I would personally estimate it at nothing less than $800+