  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    11
  • CB Points

    3,405 [ Donate ]

Title group 2

Text group 2

Alexandoy last won the day on December 30 2020

Alexandoy had the most liked content!

Community Reputation

116 Valued Member

1 Follower

About Alexandoy

  • Rank
    Experienced Chatterer
  1. It was like a circus to see a popular YouTuber named Jake Paul to fight a professional fighter. Unfortunately, Askren was hit by Paul and in less than 2 minutes the fight was over. It was a knockout, that is according to the referee who stopped the bout even if Askren had beaten the count of 8. Obviously the fight was a circus and I believe that Askren had played to the script. The promoter will get nothing if Paul will be defeated so your guess is as good as mine.
  2. Actually the cause of death is unknown although pneumonia was indicated in the death certificate which is not really accurate. In the early morning the guy complained of difficulty of breathing so they brought him to the hospital. There was no covid symptom before that day. In the hospital he expired before noon time. It was sudden. Anyway, the odd sounds at night persisted so I am calling the priest to bless our home today.
  3. We often travel to Hongkong and my favorite food there is a MIddle Eastern cuisine called Lamb Biryani - a mix of rice and lamb cubes. The restaurant is Ebeneezer which has many branches in Hongkong. I really enjoy the mildly hot dish of biryani that I think I had it 5 times already since we have been to Hongkong more than 5 times.
  4. You are right about the public's understanding of plastic disposal. So why not focus on educating the public instead of banning plastic? I go to the market almost every day and without plastic I do not know we can handle the fish, meat and other food items that we buy. We need plastic for convenience and it is just lack of educating the public.
  5. The ingredients are sliced bread, tomato paste, sweet ham, cheese, bell pepper, bread crumbs and egg. Flatten the bread slices with a rolling pin then apply tomato paste. Add a slice of ham (that will occupy half of the bread) a stick of cheese and a strip of bell pepper. Roll the flattened bread. The egg is beaten, that's where you will dip the rolled bread slice then roll it on the crumbs. It is time to fry it in a pot with oil for deep frying. Fry until the color turns golden brown. It is best eaten with hot sauce.
  6. This weekend of April 25 (Sunday in Philippines) will be the defense of UFC welterweight champion Kamaru Usman against challenger Jorge Masvidal. The champion is a big favorite in the betting but Masvidal has some secret weapons that we shall see during the fight. Masvidal is lowly rated but an upset cannot be discounted since the champion is also human. Those are the words of the challenger who is a +300 underdog.
  7. Pardon me for this comment but I am really wondering why so many people are against plastic bags. The problem with this item is the wanton or improper disposal. The plastic bag,whether single use or not is a gift for our convenience. If the people would take care with the disposal then there would be no problem. For me, plastic bag is good and one of the best packaging.
  8. My wife's brother died just yesterday (April 19). There is no way we can visit his wake because of the pandemic and strict protocols. Last night our phone was ringing and no one answered. That happened 3 times every hour starting at 9 pm. Early this morning there were noised in the kitchen and that's really strange because there are no pests (like mice or rats) in our home. It didn't occur to me that my brother-in-law might be trying to send a message to my wife, his youngest sister. I am not superstitious but my wife's elder sister has that suspicion about their deceased brother.
  9. The group of islands called Spratlys has been the crux of political arguments of China, Philippines, Indonesia, Malaysia and Vietnam. But in the recent years we have seen how China is occupying some of the Philippine islands where they are building military forts. As of the present there are 240 Chinese vessels in that area which is very far from China because the area is inside the exclusive economic zone of the Philippines. Even with diplomatic protests of the Philippines it looks like China is adamant in its claim of the disputed islands.
  10. Greek superstar Stefanos Tsitsipas captured the Monte Carlo Masters trophy when he defeated Andrey Rublev in the finals. Top seed Novak Djokovic was waylaid by unseeded Dan Evans in the round of 16 while sentimental favorite Rafael Nadal lost to eventual runner-up Andrey Rublev in the quarterfinals. This is the first win of Tsitsipas in the tournament that will increase his ATP point. He went home with 521,000 Euros for his prize money.
  11. I had read in one article that the human body deteriorates as it grows old. The analogy is a picture that you photocopy and then you photocopy the copy. Do that 100 or 1,000 times and you will see that the picture will not be as clear as the original. That is also the genetic condition of the human body that the molecules or cell become weak as we grow old. And the limit is 120 years. I hope science can do something to evade that life span limitation.