Too much of sanitisers?

Recommended Posts

  • Valued Member

Nowadays, we see that using sanitisers to clean your hands has become a ritual. In all the shops where we go shopping, sanitisers are kept on foot-operated stands so you do not have to touch anywhere, clean your hands and only then you are allowed to enter inside. You have to follow this so rigorously that on a single shopping trip to buy groceries, food, clothes etc. you have to sanitise yourself for as many as 5-6 times and then again wash yourself thoroughly once you get back home. My concern is, are we getting too much of the disinfectant and how will it affect our health in the long run?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Valued Member

I thought about this topic myself as well. It all depends on what kind and how much chemicals is in these sanitizers. Some people could be allergic to them and might cause a reaction to it. Time will tell.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 months later...
  • Valued Member

I agree that there is an adverse effect on our health when using sanitizers too often. Sanitizer or alcohol is a chemical. Yes, it kills germs which means it is toxic. Our skin can get irritated or perhaps it has already been affecting my hands because I have noticed the peeling of the skin of my fingers. I would always prefer to wash my hands with soap and water than use alcohol or sanitizer.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Valued Member

I don't think we are getting too much disinfectant with regards to preparing for Covid-19, in fact the overload of disinfectants are good for us.

In spite of using sanitisers a lot there are people who are still getting infected with Covid 19 and it is a must to keep our hands clean. However, My concern is about the overdose of chemicals which is getting in our blood, water bodies everywhere. Will it lead to some other issues later on?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Valued Member

In spite of using sanitisers a lot there are people who are still getting infected with Covid 19 and it is a must to keep our hands clean. However, My concern is about the overdose of chemicals which is getting in our blood, water bodies everywhere. Will it lead to some other issues later on?

Have you heard of any case that says that they have been harmed by hand sanitizers? I don't think too much of it can be bad. You can never be harmed from it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Valued Member

I don't think there will be any effect when you use sanitisers for long.our hands touch a lot of things and there no effect on the hands or the body unless its getting inside your mouth.

We do touch a lot of things but apart from hand creams which are meant for absorption we don't really touch chemicals a lot like we are touching sanitisers a lot!@ My concern is not about using them to keep them clean but more of the long term effects that will be felt just like the effects of chemical pesticides on vegetables and food crops that we face.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Valued Member

We are using them a lot to stay safe.

Well, it's not a good idea to use them a lot as they will reduce our own immunity in the long run. Let's see....my sister used to make use of these sanitizers a lot. Now, if she gets exposed to a change of weather, she gets sick pretty often.

So, it's better to not to use them too much.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Valued Member

We are using them a lot to stay safe.

Well, it's not a good idea to use them a lot as they will reduce our own immunity in the long run. Let's see....my sister used to make use of these sanitizers a lot. Now, if she gets exposed to a change of weather, she gets sick pretty often.

So, it's better to not to use them too much.

That is what I meant. Covering our mask at all times, trying not to touch surfaces unnecessarily when outside, and washing our hands with soap and water is usually sufficient. Using too much chemical sanitisers will only reduce our immunity making us susceptible to disease much more than ever.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 months later...
  • Valued Member

If you do not want to use sanitizers too much, the best strategy is to wear gloves when going outside. Once returning to home, wash the gloves and your hands with soap.

Yeah! This is also the solution. Some skins are very sensitive and can cause minor skin irritation.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Valued Member

Nowadays, we see that using sanitisers to clean your hands has become a ritual. In all the shops where we go shopping, sanitisers are kept on foot-operated stands so you do not have to touch anywhere, clean your hands and only then you are allowed to enter inside. You have to follow this so rigorously that on a single shopping trip to buy groceries, food, clothes etc. you have to sanitise yourself for as many as 5-6 times and then again wash yourself thoroughly once you get back home. My concern is, are we getting too much of the disinfectant and how will it affect our health in the long run?

Well, all in all its upto the kind of sanitizer thats got to be introduced to your skin in a day there are liquid ones that are more alcohol Centric and have almost no glycerine to help moisturize the skin. But if you use the gel ones they can tend to be less agitative to our skin and that can help out in the overall experience that we have become a part of in these new times.

Plus I don't think it'll have any long term effects except for those people who are allergic to or hypersensitive to high concentration of rubbing alcohol.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

Create an account