Married Three Times?

Recommended Posts

  • Community Loyalist

Divorces suck but so does life. Unfortunately, we have already been exposed to that kind of mentality and there is no going back. We just have to make the best of it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Valued Member

Getting married more than once is frowned upon in my home country. Of course people get divorced and remarry, but the society does not approve this kind of second marriage. I am happily married. Even if our marriage breaks and we get divorce, I will not be marrying again. If I am unable to maintain this marriage how would I maintain second marriage.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Community Loyalist

Also, I feel like people just grow tired of each other after a while. I'm telling if it wasn't for the sake of kids, most couples would divorce after a year of marriage.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Valued Member

Also, I feel like people just grow tired of each other after a while. I'm telling if it wasn't for the sake of kids, most couples would divorce after a year of marriage.

I‘m not too sure if couples get tired of each other so much as the “wonder” portion of the marriage is no longer there.

To face the facts, a major portion of people who get divorced are because when they got married they were still in lust instead of in love.

They felt as though they were in love but sex (lust) has a way of disguising itself to make a person feel as though they want to be with that other person for the rest of their lives. They do not realize that their focus on sex will die down and real life will take it’s place and for some, it comes as a massive shock that a lot of folks cannot or will not contend with.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Community Loyalist

I‘m not too sure if couples get tired of each other so much as the “wonder” portion of the marriage is no longer there.

To face the facts, a major portion of people who get divorced are because when they got married they were still in lust instead of in love.

They felt as though they were in love but sex (lust) has a way of disguising itself to make a person feel as though they want to be with that other person for the rest of their lives. They do not realize that their focus on sex will die down and real life will take it’s place and for some, it comes as a massive shock that a lot of folks cannot or will not contend with.

If the you are no longer attracted to each other sexually, then it is going to be very hard to stay together.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Valued Member

If the you are no longer attracted to each other sexually, then it is going to be very hard to stay together.

Yes and on the other side of the coin, if the major portion of attraction between two people is only based on sex then that marriage will be short lived also.

In today’s Western way of thinking, two people see each other and are attracted to each other so they hit the sack. The idea of trying out the shoes before you buy them is the general attitude which works when one is buying shoes but humans aren’t shoes.

Not to derail the OP but maybe pre-marital sex isn’t the best road to travel or at the very least, maybe people should learn more about each other and develop that deep friendship, understanding and loyalty that is needed for a marriage to work instead of immediately exploring their sexuality.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Community Loyalist

Yes and on the other side of the coin, if the major portion of attraction between two people is only based on sex then that marriage will be short lived also.

In today’s Western way of thinking, two people see each other and are attracted to each other so they hit the sack. The idea of trying out the shoes before you buy them is the general attitude which works when one is buying shoes but humans aren’t shoes.

Not to derail the OP but maybe pre-marital sex isn’t the best road to travel or at the very least, maybe people should learn more about each other and develop that deep friendship, understanding and loyalty that is needed for a marriage to work instead of immediately exploring their sexuality.

I get your point concerning pre-marital sex, but what if the sex ends up being bad after getting married? I mean like really, really bad! I feel like you gotta test if the key fits #youknowwhatimean

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Valued Member

I get your point concerning pre-marital sex, but what if the sex ends up being bad after getting married? I mean like really, really bad! I feel like you gotta test if the key fits #youknowwhatimean

Yeah, that question comes up a lot especially with the younger folks.

It’s like this. I’m not writing that pre-marital sex is an absolute no-no because that gets us into a whole different conversation of what constitutes a marriage.

What I AM writing is that sex is only part of a marriage and as the relationship grows the 3 hour night and day marathons dwindle and real life begins hence a new balance.

I think the very first question a man or woman needs to ask themselves is: Okay, the person is great looking and someone I’d dearly love to sleep with but after the sex is over can I have a real conversation with him or her?

Men and women alike cheat on theit mates for more than one reason and it’s been my experience that newer marriages wind up on the trash heap because one of the partners can’t form a good sentence without help. Sex is great but one or both have a problem with daily life and the ability to converse.

And note: One of the biggest reasons young people in particular are found on the divorced list is debt. Once they get married they go out and try to accumulate in a single year or two what it took their parents 20 years or more to have. Gotta have that house, car, furniture and that new riding lawnmower. , Credit, credit, credit, heavily in debt, tempers flair up and divorce, divorce, divorce.

The only way having great sex can pay the bills is if the married couple are porn stars.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Community Loyalist

[...]

Goddamn!! Marriage sounds like a lot of work. Thanks for the intel, though.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment