Married Three Times?

Recommended Posts

  • Valued Member

This is a huge problem in the US and other countries. Why is this? Well, I don't think people know much about marriage and how to keep it going. Well, as I said in another thread, I believe boredom is one thing highly contributing to the problem - just as it is with the problem of not finding a mate to begin with. What are some other problems?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Valued Member

This is a huge problem in the US and other countries. Why is this? Well, I don't think people know much about marriage and how to keep it going. Well, as I said in another thread, I believe boredom is one thing highly contributing to the problem - just as it is with the problem of not finding a mate to begin with. What are some other problems?

I would say Culture + Law. In some countries, divorce is highly loathed. And parents (to the bride or groom) will do anything to make sure you stick to your marriage, no matter how tough things turn out. The law has allowed people to change spouses anytime they are not satisfied as opposed to trying to resolve the dispute.

This is ingrain in the system, so I guess there is no turning back. Maybe just pray over it...or something!! :-|

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Community Loyalist

Change is inevitable, and with trust missing, a relationship is definitely doomed. Also, I feel like people just grow tired of being together.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Valued Member

I think not finding true love

Pretending before marriage

Heading into a marriage with nothing but money on the mind is another reason.

Change is inevitable, and with trust missing, a relationship is definitely doomed. Also, I feel like people just grow tired of being together.

Sounds like good responses to me.

Well, with the last one, I don't think people seriously know what it takes to keep a marriage going - which is the same thing needed to get one going to begin with or to reunite from a breakup.

I would say Culture + Law. In some countries, divorce is highly loathed. And parents (to the bride or groom) will do anything to make sure you stick to your marriage, no matter how tough things turn out.

That could be a bad situation cause perhaps one or more partners could view murder or suicide as the only way out - or perhaps you'd have a marriage doomed to affairs all the time.

The law has allowed people to change spouses anytime they are not satisfied as opposed to trying to resolve the dispute.

I think the disputes must be quite serious to warrant divorce or the relationship wasn't that solid to being with. I mean, me and my wife are pretty solid - so it would take serious attacks on trust to break the marriage.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Community Loyalist

I'm just glad people are finally ditching tradition and going with their hearts, because I'll be damned if I stay in a relationship just to make society happy!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Valued Member

I'm just glad people are finally ditching tradition and going with their hearts, because I'll be damned if I stay in a relationship just to make society happy!

True. It is so silly for an adult to do something to please someone. You could be putting your life at risk actually. And exposing yourself to dangerous things like infidelity.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 months later...
  • Valued Member

It is far better to search for a new partner after divorce and remarry then to stay in a toxic relationship where domestic abuse is rampant and might cause development issues in children. Marriage is overrated. If a person is happy with his/her current partner then I do not think we should judge him/her on the basis of how many times he/she has married. Marriage should be a way to form a good relationship,but it should never become bondage.

  • Like 1

Request graphics in my GFX shop: https://www.voidcentury.club/topic437.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Valued Member

Heading into a marriage with nothing but money on the mind is another reason.

This is a good reason. People are getting married for all the wrong reasons. Working for your own money and finding your own source of security is what people should concentrate on doing rather then getting married cause they are only eyeing the money of their spouse has in the bank account. It can be such a huge disappointment if you find that your name wasn't even listed. People are ending up murdered cause their spouses want to get rid of them so fast and get to the jackpot that is read in the will.

I love my freedom and I wouldn't get married for nothing but love. How does one even cope with themselves after doing such a treacherous activity? I am hoping they have nightmares.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Valued Member

I think that the major reason is people are not committed enough to their spouses. If the commitment level is high and sincere enough, then many issues can be worked at together to stay in marriage. Cheating is a no go, but other issues such as ego, boredom, etc. can be worked at together.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Community Loyalist

This is a good reason. People are getting married for all the wrong reasons. Working for your own money and finding your own source of security is what people should concentrate on doing rather then getting married cause they are only eyeing the money of their spouse has in the bank account. It can be such a huge disappointment if you find that your name wasn't even listed. People are ending up murdered cause their spouses want to get rid of them so fast and get to the jackpot that is read in the will.

I love my freedom and I wouldn't get married for nothing but love. How does one even cope with themselves after doing such a treacherous activity? I am hoping they have nightmares.

Every debt must be settled. Nothing will go unpunished.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Valued Member

I think reason why couples in the US do not last long is because the ease of getting a partner. Last night in the movie Flash Dance, the man and woman dated for the first and landed in bed. That was also seen in another movie (Last Christmas). In our culture marriage is sacred that a wedding is well thought of before it can happen. At least that is the standard and not the exception.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Valued Member

I blame Hollywood! People do what they are programmed to do, and Hollywood is good at this.

Totally!! All Hollywood films promote promiscuity and they are really good at portraying such stuff! :p

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Community Loyalist

We should all learn to accept each others flaws In a relationship. Most times, children are always at the receiving end. So we should try not to divorce.

I feel like less than one percent of the population makes it when it comes to relationship.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...
  • Valued Member

This is a huge problem in the US and other countries. Why is this? Well, I don't think people know much about marriage and how to keep it going. Well, as I said in another thread, I believe boredom is one thing highly contributing to the problem - just as it is with the problem of not finding a mate to begin with. What are some other problems?

In my opinion, the culture of a country has a lot of influence on divorce. The number of divorces in Bangladesh is much less compared to western countries because in our country we give a lot of importance to the family. We do not send our parents to the old age home as they get older.The higher the family bond, the lower the divorce rate

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Valued Member

The concern of having a good family structure has dissipated greatly here in the U.S. and the ease of getting a divorce has dramatically added to the number of divorces.

Everything has gotten so easy since around the 1960’s.

It’s easy to get married, easy to get a divorce and as a side bar, just as easy for a couple to get rid of an unborn child.

I seriously believe that Walmart could make marriage and divorce a top seller at their stores.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Valued Member

I agree with @preacherbob, I think one of the reasons marriages do not last long these days is it's much easier to get a divorce than it was years ago. I remember in my grandparents time if you married someone you stayed with them and worked at it, you didn't give up at the first hurdle. Maybe that's what is missing these days.

My parents were a complete mismatch but they stayed together for my sister and myself. I don't know if this was a good thing or not as I used to hear them fighting as I lay in bed as a child and I would be worried. However I do not remember having an unhappy childhood. They divorced when I was 24, my dad remarried and my mum stayed single.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment