Welcome To Chatbanter: Great Friends, Great Chat Guest

Hey pssssst ya over here, If you have been visiting this site for a while why not register and start a discussion on your favourite movies and TV Shows or anything on your mind? As a registered member you can gain valuable CB points while you post or play on our blackjack tables and meet new friends along the way, sign up today and become a chatbanter.

As a registered member you can also advertise you own site for free here.

https://chatbanter.com/links/

Jay Jay

Some suggestions from my side

• Valued Member

1. Is it possible to change the default Xenforo theme, we have at the moment? I am not really fond of it and I am not sure how many others share the same view here. I wouldn't mind having more options to choose from, with respect to themes.

2. I like the section icons a lot and a little colour to them, could do wonders.

3. Group promotions can be great. I really would like to have a special colour to my username after reaching some specific post count.

Overall feedback: I like the page load time as well the URL of our forum. It's easy to access and it's easy to remember as well.

I don't usually give feedback to forums in general but I like Chatbanter, so I want to share some suggestions here. Have a great day guys!

• Like 2
  • Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Valued Member

1. Is it possible to change the default Xenforo theme, we have at the moment? I am not really fond of it and I am not sure how many others share the same view here. I wouldn't mind having more options to choose from, with respect to themes.

2. I like the section icons a lot and a little colour to them, could do wonders.

3. Group promotions can be great. I really would like to have a special colour to my username after reaching some specific post count.

Overall feedback: I like the page load time as well the URL of our forum. It's easy to access and it's easy to remember as well.

I don't usually give feedback to forums in general but I like Chatbanter, so I want to share some suggestions here. Have a great day guys!

Thank you for the feedback @Claraviolet

we do have a dark theme? not sure you are aware of that? i am open to looking at adding another theme, do you have some suggestions to show me what you would like?

I can look at making them colourful for sure. i like the feedback and happy to implement.

looking at sorting out promotions and will speak to @Spikey on this to see what can be done, its a hard one to do due to the defauly theme we have but it might work :)

• Like 1

"Logic will take you from A to B... Immagination will take you everywhere."

• Valued Member

we do have a dark theme? not sure you are aware of that? i am open to looking at adding another theme, do you have some suggestions to show me what you would like?

I can look at making them colourful for sure. i like the feedback and happy to implement.

looking at sorting out promotions and will speak to @Spikey on this to see what can be done, its a hard one to do due to the defauly theme we have but it might work :)

I am not really into dark themes. They make my eyes itchy. As for other themes, I am not really sure. I don't know much about Xenforo themes but I would like you to add some free light themes.. If that's possible that is.

Thank you for considering group promotions :D

• Valued Member

We are adding some new themes today ? and will look at getting some colours into the nodes.

Can you give me some ideas on a user group promotions a little more.

With us running on 2.2 software some actions may have to wait until the developer updates some add-ons.

• Valued Member

User group promotions, huh? I can think of some:

Speech Bubble - 0 posts (New Member)

New Chatterer - 5 posts (Member)

Experienced Chatterer - 100 posts (Distinguished Member)

Orator - 1000 posts (Legendary Member)

And some user groups:

Vizier (Moderator)

Lord (Administrative)

• Like 1

My end-of-term finals are on the horizon, so I may not be as active as I was. Apologies.

• Valued Member

And some user groups:

Vizier (Moderator)

Lord (Administrative)

I like this @Paladin thank you

• Like 1

• Valued Member

I was talking about username colours. It can make people standout based on the post count

I see what you mean the coloured usernames will be added when the add-on is updated to 2.2 :)

• Like 1

• Valued Member

I was talking about username colours. It can make people standout based on the post count

Colored usernames based on post count? I don't want to sound negative, but while it seems like a good idea on paper, I get the feeling that it will incentivize some people to make quick, meaningless posts in order to boost their raw post count.

(Source: It's happened on a few forums before.)

• Like 2

My end-of-term finals are on the horizon, so I may not be as active as I was. Apologies.

• Valued Member

And some user groups:

Vizier (Moderator)

Lord (Administrative)

Well with a little work this has been implemented.

• Like 1

• Valued Member

Colored usernames based on post count? I don't want to sound negative, but while it seems like a good idea on paper, I get the feeling that it will incentivize some people to make quick, meaningless posts in order to boost their raw post count.

(Source: It's happened on a few forums before.)

Its happened on a lot of forums before. Far better to do it based on reputation if you are going to do so, or a combination of reputation and posting statistics.

• Valued Member

Its happened on a lot of forums before. Far better to do it based on reputation if you are going to do so, or a combination of reputation and posting statistics.

Yeah its going to be an option on some kind of promotion based. I'm getting it based, its going to be custom made to suite the site

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • Valued Member

I would suggest making the dark theme full black with one light colour. This will make it into a true dark theme. For pointers I would suggest looking at the colour scheme that VCC uses on their dark theme.

• Like 1

Request graphics in my GFX shop: https://www.voidcentury.club/topic437.

• 4 weeks later...