Recommended Posts

  • Valued Member

I have suffered from depression for so many years now. I have been in and out of hospital.

I have had people call me mad and bipolar and I just decided to withdraw from people. I don't know why it is so easy for someone to judge you as if their lives is perfect.

I love working online cause I have my private life and I do not have to please anyone. I got off the prescribed medicine and now I just sit and work on myself.

I started working out, I went back to it actually I had stopped and I am learning to love myself again.

It is hard at times.

Please tell me how I am going to deal with this? Have you ever suffered from depression?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Valued Member

When I was in a movie industry organization as a technical consultant, I met a woman who was suffering from depression. It was a writing workshop that she attended and I was a  moderator. The woman admitted outright her mental issue that she sometimes cry for no apparent reason which she thought was self pity. She has a son in grade school and was separated from her husband several years ago. Our workshop instructor tried to help in the analysis and I was one who suggested that she should widen her horizon by mingling with people. I think that helped because she would invite us for coffee after the workshop just for a chat. She also created an email group (there was no social media yet) and I often contribute to the group of any topic just so she can have something to read and to react with. Maybe you can try that.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Valued Member

Depression? I think that's a common emotion that everyone has felt at one point in their life. I think that talking to someone helps because you can vent to that person and it would ease the suffering.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Valued Member

Hi @Alexandoy, that is why I have you and the rest here. I am so happy that there is social media and I can connect with each of you. I am an introvert and making new friends has been hard for me cause I do not trust people cause I always meet people who use and take advantage of me so I withdrew from people and I am my own company and I do prefer it that way cause I have less time for drama.

Thanks @Sliara, I am attending counselling though getting a qualified doctor has been challenging cause of the pandemic. I am now talking to my pastor who combines the talks with prayers so I do hope one day I will feel normal cause all I do is feel like I do not belong.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

Create an account