• Valued Member

I have suffered from depression for so many years now. I have been in and out of hospital.

I have had people call me mad and bipolar and I just decided to withdraw from people. I don't know why it is so easy for someone to judge you as if their lives is perfect.

I love working online cause I have my private life and I do not have to please anyone. I got off the prescribed medicine and now I just sit and work on myself. 

I started working out, I went back to it actually I had stopped and I am learning to love myself again. 

It is hard at times. 

Please tell me how I am going to deal with this? Have you ever suffered from depression? 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Valued Member

When I was in a movie industry organization as a technical consultant, I met a woman who was suffering from depression. It was a writing workshop that she attended and I was a  moderator. The woman admitted outright her mental issue that she sometimes cry for no apparent reason which she thought was self pity. She has a son in grade school and was separated from her husband several years ago. Our workshop instructor tried to help in the analysis and I was one who suggested that she should widen her horizon by mingling with people. I think that helped because she would invite us for coffee after the workshop just for a chat. She also created an email group (there was no social media yet) and I often contribute to the group of any topic just so she can have something to read and to react with. Maybe you can try that. 

• Valued Member

Depression? I think that's a common emotion that everyone has felt at one point in their life. I think that talking to someone helps because you can vent to that person and it would ease the suffering.

• Valued Member

Hi @Alexandoy, that is why I have you and the rest here. I am so happy that there is social media and I can connect with each of you. I am an introvert and making new friends has been hard for me cause I do not trust people cause I always meet people who use and take advantage of me so I withdrew from people and I am my own company and I do prefer it that way cause I have less time for drama.

Thanks @Sliara, I am attending counselling though getting a qualified doctor has been challenging cause of the pandemic. I am now talking to my pastor who combines the talks with prayers so I do hope one day I will feel normal cause all I do is feel like I do not belong.