https://chatbanter.com/links/

Jay Jay

Recommended Posts

  • Valued Member

Why the heck is it that certain forums are never highlighted in the "latest posts". No wonder certain forums on here are like a graveyard. You make a post and nothing! No one knows about it and the whole thread ends up in the dustbin of history.

P.S. O.k. I'm beginning to slowly figure this confused "newest posts" thing out. It really is a mess for the newcomer. But if one has patience you can eventually find where your new post is.....cheeeeeze!

This in no way is going to help this site to grow, but it is what it is.o_O

P.P.S. Trying to find this thread again took me 2 minutes! WTF!:dont-know-emoji: P.P.P.S. As a newcomer I can't remember all the titles of the various forums, so trying to find where I last posted if it doesn't come up on "new posts' is difficult to say the least. On this other site that I'm on all the forum headings are listed on the left hand side, next to each header are the latest posts for that particular forum. So easy to navigate. Perhaps this is why even though they have lost 60% of their members due to Twitter, Facebook, Instagram etc., they still have 20,000 members.

Edited by LBJ
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

  • Community Leader

Hi @LBJ , I have moved a few things around to make it real easy to find anything, we have moved the new posts and new threads to the top so it's the first thing you see i think Brad done a great job on the navigation here, we also turned on the new tab on the forum blocks so as you look at the forms you can see a blue tab called new, the site that you speak of having everything on the left hand site i would love to see a screen shot of it, we are open to any suggestion that improves user experience.

1627928506_ChatbanterAcompellingcommunityexperience_Mo.thumb.png.0bb87c2cae6b1b2b3e1e1ffc39dec1de.png1851346580_ChatbanterAcompellingcommunityexperience_new.thumb.png.690c864ae335857ea326c39ae8edc29c.png1337345321_Newposts_ChatbanterAcompellingcommunityexpe.thumb.png.2e743168823b05ae1d202662e9d88dbb.png

Edited by Jay
  • Like 1

Chat Banter Guidelines | Become a Chat Banter Loyalist! | We love Feedback, Post yours !

I didn't get here by wishing for it or hoping for it, but by working for it.

-Estee Lauder-

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Valued Member

Jay, thanks for the screenshot, it will help. But always remember...simplicity first...(easy navigation). Have you not noticed that for every member online here, you have 10X the guests/lurkers? Why are they not signing up? I know why.....They too get frustrated and say "Nope, I'll just pop by whenever".

P.S. I just noticed the *View More* on the *What's New* thingie. I do believe this will make my life on here easier. Many members are like me in that they are old school and not particularly technical. If it isn't at once obvious then we get lost. But...seniors are the ones with spare time along with lots of life experience. We really are premier posters.:cigar:

Edited by LBJ
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Community Leader

I agree 100%, Im the same as you when it comes to finding what im looking for, I have a few IPS licenses so i may just do a conversion in the background and see how that does as i know the software very well, It's funny i just had a member tell me we have to many themes and that alone is confusing for many, the look and the layout is something that will get work in short order.

Thanks for the feedback

  • Like 1

Chat Banter Guidelines | Become a Chat Banter Loyalist! | We love Feedback, Post yours !

I didn't get here by wishing for it or hoping for it, but by working for it.

-Estee Lauder-

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment