https://chatbanter.com/links/

Jay Jay

It's f*&^%$g cold outside!

Recommended Posts

  • Valued Member

I live way up in the Rockie Mountains in far off North America. It is now -28 celcius outside (that is minus). I have all 4 of my electric heaters on high and my wood stove going and I still can't get my home past 19 degrees. I'm sitting in front of my laptop wearing a big sweater and today my damn vehicle wouldn't start. I've got the thing plugged in now and it should start in a few hours once it's warmed up.

I hope where you are it isn't this cold, what's it like where you are? It is so cold that outside, a dog is stuck to a fire hydrant! ( not really )

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

  • Valued Member

Update: It has now dropped to minus 29...sheeeeeez! It is so cold outside that I saw a frozen coyote suspended in the air with it's mouth open. In front of it also suspended in the air was a frozen rabbit! (not really)

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Community Leader

I live in the midwest. People are complaining that its 12 degrees (-11 Celsius) here. I love the cold, so this weather I enjoy more than summer some times lol

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Valued Member

I live in the midwest.

OMG, a Yank! (y) I was beginning to think that it was all Brits around here. You probably enjoy the winter because you are still young. I was on the same page once. Cross country skiing and snoshoeing. Sadly I am too long in the tooth to do that anymore. :cry:

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Community Leader

OMG, a Yank! (y) I was beginning to think that it was all Brits around here. You probably enjoy the winter because you are still young. I was on the same page once. Cross country skiing and snoshoeing. Sadly I am too long in the tooth to do that anymore. :cry:

Lol I like to think I'm the only mountaineer in Oklahoma lmao. I'm in my 20s. So yes I'm young. The downside is I rode motocross for years; which caused me a lot of broken bones. Now, I'm like a human barometer. I can tell you when a cold front is coming just from the pain in my legs.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Community Leader

well here in Canada we dipped to - 56 this week brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

alt=Shaking Cold Weather GIF by funkhttps://media4.giphy.com/media/d3mlmtNPoxNrt4Bi/200.gif[/img]

Chat Banter Guidelines | Become a Chat Banter Loyalist! | We love Feedback, Post yours !

I didn't get here by wishing for it or hoping for it, but by working for it.

-Estee Lauder-

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Valued Member

Lol I like to think I'm the only mountaineer in Oklahoma lmao. I'm in my 20s. So yes I'm young. The downside is I rode motocross for years; which caused me a lot of broken bones. Now, I'm like a human barometer. I can tell you when a cold front is coming just from the pain in my legs.

Wow thats really interesting to know that someone can actually have that ability due to a weakness that comes in them through effort. But the downside can somewhat be taken as a good sign as these are from doing something you'd even be willing to put your body through such pain. So it must have been totally worth it?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Valued Member

Update: Last night my toilet froze up, no pun intended but that was the shits! This morning I awoke only to discover that my hot water line was froze up.

Thankfully all it took was a direct hit with my hair blower for 30 seconds on the line and I had hot water again. As to my toilet I'm sure you will all be relieved to know that I was able to flush that problem away as well. (see what I did there with the word "flush"?)

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Valued Member

OMG, a Yank! (y) I was beginning to think that it was all Brits around here. You probably enjoy the winter because you are still young. I was on the same page once. Cross country skiing and snoshoeing. Sadly I am too long in the tooth to do that anymore. :cry:

Here, less of your cheek! :D

We do complain about the weather a lot even though it barely goes below freezing but it's so wet here and that's what makes it depressing at times. I have a friend in Siberia and it has been -40 recently. I just don't know how I would survive in that kind of temperature

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

Create an account