Question You wake up and the car is gone

I would definitely call the police so there is an official report so I can call my insurance company. I would then ask my neighbors for their video footage to try and provide additional proof for the police in case they can use the evidence to help me find my car. I would hesitate to replace the vehicle straight away. Since working from home we really haven't needed a second car.

Gee man that does really suck, what bad timing.
Yeah, it was far from ideal. I loved that Blazer, too, it was such a good car! Just took it right from the driveway, the dogs started barking, and by the time I got out there, it was a distant memory.

@PGen98 hopefully your insurance was able to assist you in getting a replacement. My best friend once lost her Jeep after it had broken down on the highway. Her boyfriend had picked her up and she went to make arrangements to get the car towed when they went back to where it was it was gone. She never did find out where it went and she only had liability insurance with it.

Well they can steal my new truck if they want, less one payment i will need to make.

@PGen98 hopefully your insurance was able to assist you in getting a replacement. My best friend once lost her Jeep after it had broken down on the highway. Her boyfriend had picked her up and she went to make arrangements to get the car towed when they went back to where it was it was gone. She never did find out where it went and she only had liability insurance with it.
My insurance at the time was a tiny little company that I later found out was a complete scam and the local department of transportation cancelled their approvals to operate as an insurance company in the state. That was quite an adventure! I did eventually get a payout from them, one of about 3 of their customers to ever receive a payout, before they were sued and shut down. I have proper insurance now, of course. Lesson learned!

Back
Top