QUESTION You wake up and the car is gone

Sharon

Location
Texas
Website
serened.proboards.com
I would definitely call the police so there is an official report so I can call my insurance company. I would then ask my neighbors for their video footage to try and provide additional proof for the police in case they can use the evidence to help me find my car. I would hesitate to replace the vehicle straight away. Since working from home we really haven't needed a second car.

Gee man that does really suck, what bad timing.
Yeah, it was far from ideal. I loved that Blazer, too, it was such a good car! Just took it right from the driveway, the dogs started barking, and by the time I got out there, it was a distant memory.

  • Angry
Reactions: Jay

Sharon

Location
Texas
Website
serened.proboards.com
@PGen98 hopefully your insurance was able to assist you in getting a replacement. My best friend once lost her Jeep after it had broken down on the highway. Her boyfriend had picked her up and she went to make arrangements to get the car towed when they went back to where it was it was gone. She never did find out where it went and she only had liability insurance with it.

Feb 1, 2021
Well they can steal my new truck if they want, less one payment i will need to make.

@PGen98 hopefully your insurance was able to assist you in getting a replacement. My best friend once lost her Jeep after it had broken down on the highway. Her boyfriend had picked her up and she went to make arrangements to get the car towed when they went back to where it was it was gone. She never did find out where it went and she only had liability insurance with it.
My insurance at the time was a tiny little company that I later found out was a complete scam and the local department of transportation cancelled their approvals to operate as an insurance company in the state. That was quite an adventure! I did eventually get a payout from them, one of about 3 of their customers to ever receive a payout, before they were sued and shut down. I have proper insurance now, of course. Lesson learned!

Sharon

Location
Texas
Website
serened.proboards.com
That's crazy. You're lucky that you got a pay out - I bet most people don't even bother to chase it and just write it off as a loss. You get insurance for the 'just in case' situation, when you're hit with bad luck it's good to know you have a reputable company to lean on.

Feb 1, 2021
wow man that really sucks but at least you did get your money.

Yep, absolutely! It was a horrible experience losing my car, and then another horrible experience trying to get some answers from my "insurance" company after the fact. At least they did pay up eventually, though, that's what mattered. I'm glad they were shut down, though, because they were absolutely horrible.

  • Sad
Reactions: Jay

Ash

I would be very worried because my car has an immobiliser unless there is an easy way to get around it that I'm not aware of. Plus, the steering wheel is locked in place until the key is used so it would be hard. I guess the only thing to do would be to tell the police and let the insurance company know about it

  • Like
Reactions: Jay

Feb 1, 2021
now days thieves get around most of that stuff with practice, catching them in the act would be fun.:driving-emoji:

Dean Winchester Gun GIF

now days thieves get around most of that stuff with practice, catching them in the act would be fun.:driving-emoji:

Dean Winchester Gun GIF
I'd plead ignorance and act as though they'd made an honest mistake, after having already called the police, then I'd chat with them about how hilarious the misunderstanding was until they were wearing some nice shiny bracelets.

  • Like
Reactions: Jay