INFORMATION Vaping

Lord Saru

Vaping is technically no better than smoking and WHO has strictly given a word of caution asking all countries to ban e-cigarettes and all further forms of vaping.

Given that health advisory, vaping is banned in India but we still have people selling them in black market. They say that the flavours are quite exquisite.

Do you vape? What flavour do you like?

Last edited by a moderator:

Alexander

No, I don't vape and never will. During the 1900's, cigarettes were not considered dangerous or a risk to your health but now there is a scientific proof, we know different. This is the same as vaping, no medical professionals fully understand the long-term health effects vaping can have.

I've never taken up smoking, because I never saw a point to it (I grew up with a mother who smoked and always found it offensive), so I likewise never jumped on board the vaping bandwagon. It looks ridiculous, it provides zero benefit, and yet people keep on doing it. They're clearly as addictive as cigarettes are, they seem to be causing many health problems for a substantial group of people, and I flat out just don't see the appeal.

Zakalwe

Website
strategygaming.net
The NHS says Vape instead of smoking. Yes, putting stuff into your lungs is never a good thing, but compared to smoking tobacco, vaping is significantly healthier - and it smells better too.

It stops 2nd hand "real tobacco" smoke around kids and babies. That stuff is not justifiable, but I've seen it.

ZandraJoi

I never tried smoking & wouldn't do vaping. I think vaping is worse 'cos they make it sound less toxic & they gear it towards kids with all the flavors.

Zakalwe

Website
strategygaming.net
I think vaping is worse....
Hold on just a sec:
People who die each year from their own cigarette smoking or exposure to secondhand smoke.more than 480,000

Here in the UK six million people smoke and there’s about 213 deaths per day. Recently two deaths ‘may’ have been linked to vaping.

You think vaping is worse!?

Alexander

I never tried smoking & wouldn't do vaping. I think vaping is worse 'cos they make it sound less toxic & they gear it towards kids with all the flavors.

I agree with you partly. Our vaping industry shouldn't be targeting their ads for children. Instead, they should be supportive of people who are in the process of quitting tobacco smoking. However, vaping has been scientifically proven to be a healthier alternative, and worldwide, the death rate is lower. Just have a read at a handful of articles published from trusted sources:

ZandraJoi

No problem. I just said "I" think it's worse. I've done my research & came to that conclusion. :)

Honestly, if people aren't going to smoke, then why not drink coffee? How much more powerful is nicotine maybe?

Leonard

Noooo!! I don't and I don't have and will never have the ambition of vapping

Davidisms

NO! I have never smoked in my life and don't intend to start ever. Actually I actively avoid any kind of addiction.

Shane Dunk

Feb 7, 2021
I will never smoke in my entire life. Vape is worst thing I've ever seen.

Jaden_66

Feb 8, 2021
I love vaping. It's phenomenal. Like I love vaping fruity menthol flavors, especially Dinner-lady Apple Sour Iced. The flavor is amazing plus it's low nicotine not much harmful or I would say not harmful at all.

It was very trendy to smoke back in the 60s/70s and I remember feeling really ill when I first started but because I wanted to be like my friends I persevered, madness. I gave up 40 years ago when I became pregnant with my first child and have never gone back. There was no vaping then but I wonder if I would have tried it.

People think it is safer but with the start of covid I think it has become far more dangerous as a vaper breathes moisture into his lungs which could become very damaging. I recently found a vape in my 14 year old granddaughter's room which upset me. For a start she is not old enough to buy one so someone had bought it for her. There were a lot of tantrums as she tried to get it back but I think she has now forgotten about it. We shall see.

  • Agree
Reactions: Jay

Feb 1, 2021
That's how i started smoking back in the day, to fit in you had to puff.........but that was a long time ago ?

Sharon

Location
Texas
Website
serened.proboards.com
I've never picked up smoking. I grew up with my father smoking and I remember my clothes and house always smelling like cigarette smoke and I never liked it. When I lived on my own and visited my parents I would make it a point to make that my last stop of the day because I knew I would have to take a shower to get the smell off of me. I remember as a kid a classmate had asked if I smoked once and even though they didn't pry when I said no, I was suspicious because I'm sure I smelled like cigarette smoke.

So... to answer your question - I do not vape.

  • Like
Reactions: Jay