The best drink after a heavy workout

This may surprise you because the advice I got from a dietitian is something radical. When I do a workout that I was sweating heavily then the best drink is Coke. For me, it would be the Coke in can. That soda drink can instantly replenish the lost energy maybe with the caffeine and the sugar. I guess health buffs will have a pause to think this over for they may not be able to come to terms. For me, Coke is still the best drink.

Sweerie_banana

I love drinking water after a heavy workout. It helps to quench my thirst fast and it's healthy. Don't get me wrong, I drink coke occasionally, like today and it's replenishing as well, it was cold as well. It's sad to think of the side effects of it while drinking it.

Loyalist
I always see people working out while a bottle of water, at least I think it is water. I guess most people prefer water.

Loyalist
I think Russians prefer vodka after an intense workout.

Sharon

Location
Texas
Website
serened.proboards.com
I have never heard of drinking coca cola before wow! For me, after an extra hard workout and I need to replenish my sugar, potassium, magnesium, etc fast I like to drink chocolate milk.

I believe it's important to go into a workout already fully hydrated from the day before. Water is also important to replace water loss due to sweat. So yep, I drink both chocolate milk and water. I also try my best to eat a light meal within 30 minutes.

  • Like
Reactions: Jay

Feb 1, 2021
I don't work out much but i do go for walks, but on weekends it's a beer for me.
Drinking Beer GIF by Barstool Sports

Sharon

Location
Texas
Website
serened.proboards.com
I don't work out much but i do go for walks, but on weekends it's a beer for me.
Drinking Beer GIF by Barstool Sports
Nice!!! Actually beer does have some beneficial nutrients as long as you drink in moderation it can be good for you and not like a six pack at a time or something! I wish I could enjoy alcohol!

  • Agree
Reactions: Jay