The best drink after a heavy workout

Alexandoy

Valued Member
Reaction score
This may surprise you because the advice I got from a dietitian is something radical. When I do a workout that I was sweating heavily then the best drink is Coke. For me, it would be the Coke in can. That soda drink can instantly replenish the lost energy maybe with the caffeine and the sugar. I guess health buffs will have a pause to think this over for they may not be able to come to terms. For me, Coke is still the best drink.

Sweerie_banana

Valued Member
Reaction score
I love drinking water after a heavy workout. It helps to quench my thirst fast and it's healthy. Don't get me wrong, I drink coke occasionally, like today and it's replenishing as well, it was cold as well. It's sad to think of the side effects of it while drinking it.

Hova

Valued Member
Loyalist
Reaction score
I always see people working out while a bottle of water, at least I think it is water. I guess most people prefer water.

Hova

Valued Member
Loyalist
Reaction score
I think Russians prefer vodka after an intense workout.

Sharon

Valued Member
Reaction score
Website
serened.proboards.com
I have never heard of drinking coca cola before wow! For me, after an extra hard workout and I need to replenish my sugar, potassium, magnesium, etc fast I like to drink chocolate milk.

I believe it's important to go into a workout already fully hydrated from the day before. Water is also important to replace water loss due to sweat. So yep, I drink both chocolate milk and water. I also try my best to eat a light meal within 30 minutes.

Reactions: Jay

Jay

Community Leader
Valued Member
Reaction score
I don't work out much but i do go for walks, but on weekends it's a beer for me.
Drinking Beer GIF by Barstool Sports

Sharon

Valued Member
Reaction score
Website
serened.proboards.com
I don't work out much but i do go for walks, but on weekends it's a beer for me.
Drinking Beer GIF by Barstool Sports
Nice!!! Actually beer does have some beneficial nutrients as long as you drink in moderation it can be good for you and not like a six pack at a time or something! I wish I could enjoy alcohol!

• Agree
Reactions: Jay

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom