Do you attend sporting events?

Duks

Do you go to stadiums/arenas or equivalent to watch the competitors in real life? I usually just watch on TV. Unfortunately, there aren't many exciting sports events that take place around here.

I do sometimes, I'm a Dallas Stars fan and we live pretty close to the Arizona Coyotes arena, so go to the Stars/Coyotes games sometimes when they roll through town. If I still lived in Britain I'd likely attend more football matches, because there are lower league teams all over the country that make for a cheap and extremely fun evening out.

No, I don't really attend sports events. I don't even like watching sports to begin with. Attending sports events, I have noticed, is only for die hard sports fans.

Jaden_66

Feb 8, 2021
I love going to football matches and cricket matches. But I haven't been to one since the pandemic kicked in.

Feb 1, 2021
I will go watch an NHL game now and then but its real expensive and im sure once COVID is over it will be a rich persons game.

I go to sports games all the time before the pandemic. Now I'm not sure if I even want to go to a sports game once were allowed back. Like Jay says the games will cost even more expensive.. I just get all the sports packages on TV to watch with friends.

  • Agree
Reactions: Jay

Feb 1, 2021
I go to sports games all the time before the pandemic. Now I'm not sure if I even want to go to a sports game once were allowed back. Like Jay says the games will cost even more expensive.. I just get all the sports packages on TV to watch with friends.
I think we will see a lot of this once things open again

I think we will see a lot of this once things open again
The good thing with the sports packages is you get every game for every team! It's kind of like having season tickets for every team from the comfort of your own home lol

Agreed, it's really nice. I subscribe to NHL.tv most seasons (GameCenter or whatever else they want to call it), it's great EXCEPT for the blackouts...I can understand blacking out the games in your local market, sort of, but why black out the national games? That's just irritating beyond belief because I cancelled my tv service over 15 years ago, don't want to keep having to jump on free trials of Sling just to watch one game every few weeks...that's something that needs to be fixed, IMO.

Agreed, it's really nice. I subscribe to NHL.tv most seasons (GameCenter or whatever else they want to call it), it's great EXCEPT for the blackouts...I can understand blacking out the games in your local market, sort of, but why black out the national games? That's just irritating beyond belief because I cancelled my tv service over 15 years ago, don't want to keep having to jump on free trials of Sling just to watch one game every few weeks...that's something that needs to be fixed, IMO.
Yea it's odd that they do that. Thankfully though you can still watch the archived game after the live game is done (atleast usually you can)
Now a days even before the pandemic started I mostly went to minor league games as they are much more affordable and you get to see future professional players.
Here we have the Calgary Hitmen and I've seen many players that played for the Hitmen make their way to the NHL like most recently Jake Virtanen of the Canucks.

Yea it's odd that they do that. Thankfully though you can still watch the archived game after the live game is done (atleast usually you can)
Now a days even before the pandemic started I mostly went to minor league games as they are much more affordable and you get to see future professional players.
Here we have the Calgary Hitmen and I've seen many players that played for the Hitmen make their way to the NHL like most recently Jake Virtanen of the Canucks.
Yeah, the archive's usually available the next day, but it's a bit annoying that you can't watch the games that you're paying for.

That's exactly what I'd be doing if we had an AHL or ECHL team anywhere near me (I'm about 15 mins away from the Coyotes' Gila River Arena), and what I used to do when I lived in the UK, going to lower league football matches because they were so affordable and you got good action. Really great way to see some decent hockey and yeah, definitely a great chance to see future NHLers at work (and past NHLers, too).

dot

I have been to a couple of FOotball games, hockey, baseball and soccer. you name it... Honeslty in person is the best way!

  • Like
Reactions: Jay

Sharon

Location
Texas
Website
serened.proboards.com
I absolutely love going to in person events when it comes to sports! I prefer it over watching on television. I haven't done it often however, I've attended an NBA, and NHL game in the past. Would love to go again soon!